Polo Ralph Lauren

www.ralphlauren.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Polo Ralph Lauren

During this period of extreme low employment levels, this company was initially a refuge from routines of no employment.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Leesburg, VA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Leesburg, VA

I have been working at Polo Ralph Lauren part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Functioning on less than 23 hour per week provided minimal, though highly valuable experience in regard to location stock levels and customer/client desires. PRL primary goals were to please the potential customer/client.

Cons

During 7.5 year employment with CompUSA, accesses to other location stock levels was immediate, as product could be retrieved from another (local) location, within 36 - 48 hours. PRL's inventory system demands reprogramming/re-configuration.

Reconfigure network store inventory system, that customer chosen product could be retrieved from another location or nearby factory outlet location.

514 Other Employee Reviews for Polo Ralph Lauren (View Most Recent)

Overall great place to work

Former Employee - Project Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Project Director in New York, NY

I worked at Polo Ralph Lauren full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

World class brand with great people

Cons

Very politically driven, too many layers of management

Give autonomy to the groups within the company,

Great first job, good pay

Former Employee - Women's Sales Associate in Allen, TX
    Former Employee - Women's Sales Associate in Allen, TX

I worked at Polo Ralph Lauren part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Raises (even if it is just a little one). After about my fist six months I worked my way from $8.00/hr to $8.24/hr. Then I left for college and came back for the summer and was bumped up to $8.75/hr. I was informed, however, that since I had left that new employees were starting off with $9.00/hr. Oh well, I was happy to get a raise!
    -Some of the most compassionate managers. There have been a number of managers I have absolutely loved working here. Some I still keep in touch with. Those are the managers that really listen and care about what you have to say and try to help you the best they can.
    -Availability is honored. During high school, they allowed me to have Fridays off and didn't ever schedule me outside of times I had made available. If there were any floor sets they wanted me to work (overnight shifts), they would ask first and not put me on the schedule for it unless I said. As long as you ask off 2 weeks in advance, you could usually get days off you wanted. There's also a good amount of employees, so there's options for getting shifts covered.
    -Co-workers were like a big family. I loved the people at Ralph Lauren. There are always those at a job you may not be fond of, but the employees are amazing. Many times we would hang out after work, and we would all help each other out if any of us needed anything. Laid back but professional environment!
    -Good break schedule. The breaks are laid out for the managers to check off and depending on the day, your breaks can be pushed to when you want to go. If you work 8+ hours you get two 15 minute breaks and an hour lunch. I have heard of some places where you work a full day and only get maybe a 30 minute break. Polo takes care of it's employees!

Cons

-Sometimes management was a little unprofessional. I'd hear about gossip between managers, but it didn't bother me much. Also, at the Allen Outlet store they had managers assigned certain hours of the day to keep track of sales and watch the floor. This created competition between managers sometimes and could lead to unorganized break scheduling and misunderstandings.
    -My location, the Allen Outlets, was the center of foreign and rude customers. Sometimes you get great customers, but other times you'll get those who tear up your just folded piles right in front of you with no consideration of the work that went into it.
    -Depending on which managers work, you could be constantly nagged to give your name to every customer and make sure you're asking those open ended questions. Sometimes it just seemed like your manager on duty didn't think you knew how to do your job.

There are newer employer reviews for Polo Ralph Lauren