Polo Ralph Lauren

www.ralphlauren.com
  www.ralphlauren.com
There are newer employer reviews for Polo Ralph Lauren

Rewarding - both in relationships developed and growth opportunities.

Current Employee - Manager in Greensboro, NC
Current Employee - Manager in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Polo Ralph Lauren full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great opportunities for growth and development. Positive work environment. As an employee you're part of a world class organization with endless opportunities around the world.

Cons

No down sides to report

474 Other Employee Reviews for Polo Ralph Lauren (View Most Recent)

Toxic environment and zero job security; rumors become truth

Former Employee - Vice President in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I worked at Polo Ralph Lauren full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Employee discount. Great pay for VP's and above. Bonuses used to be better, but new CFO is cracking down. Benefits used to be okay, but now they are horrible and high-priced.

Cons

Your success is ENTIRELY dependent on who you work for and your relationship with an "all too powerful" HR organization. Also, as you move up, your next roles are chosen for you by HR based on organizational needs - not your professional development goals. You can't trust anyone at RL. People talk behind each other's backs and start rumors, and that perception becomes reality - regardless of truth. I spent the last 80% of my time at RL wondering when I might lose my job or if I had mistakenly looked at an SVP's admin the wrong way. The US Wholesale business calls the shots.....every other business or division is considered second tier. And, the business is run by senior executives who consider themselves gods. Two pieces of advice: 1. Your boss is NEVER wrong (and if he is, word of advice, don't say anything). 2. All you can do is drink the Kool Aid and hope that you don't choke on it.

OPEN YOUR EYES. Information is censored by the time it makes its way up to Senior Management. Dive deeper into your numbers to see what some of the groups are hiding....particularly US Wholesale and Production. Also, right now your star employees are the ones who manage UP.....but berate the people who work for them.

Great clothes, terrible management

Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Marcos, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Marcos, TX

I worked at Polo Ralph Lauren part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only good thing about working at Polo is getting a pay check and getting a discount on the clothes.

Cons

There are so many employees that management usually doesn't even know the majority of their staff. No structure and the training is terrible. Extremely high turnover rate.

I would advise management to get a better structure of training and learn how to be better managers. Most of the managers don't care about the employees and get mad at them for very small things.

There are newer employer reviews for Polo Ralph Lauren