There are newer employer reviews for Polo Ralph Lauren

I liked the layed back environment, but would expect much better compensation from such a large company

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Gulfport, MS
Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Gulfport, MS

Pros

-Discount -Benefits (only if full time) -Environment -Large management team -HR manager working on-site full time -Laid back daily tasks -Did I mention the discount??

Cons

-Very poor salary compensation, I'm not sure if it was the region that I was working in, but I believe minimum wage as a base pay is quite rediculous for a large and successful company as Polo. I don't believe it's fair at all. -Little to no hours, there were weeks when I worked only 4 hours

Advice to Management

Just because you guys receive more payroll hours to distribute that fluxuate weekly, does not require you to hire a bulk-load of new associates. Then two weeks later when your low on hours, all the PT employees suffer and are getting little to no hours. Makes no sense. If you guys receive more hours, give them to all of the present employees! What are you doing??

Other Employee Reviews for Polo Ralph Lauren

Horrible environment! Especially in children’s wear

Current Employee - Technical Designer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Technical Designer in New York, NY

Pros

1. Good Discounts 2. Good Vacation time compare to most companies 3. The company name looks good on your resume

Cons

Based on working in the Children’s wear department 1. Politics! Politics! Politics! 2. The Environment is bad. 3. Polo Ralph Lauren is like a revolving door. Why do you think they always have job openings? And a lot of people never stay long. 4. It’s hard to move up. Unless you’re a butt kisser.

Advice to Management

Treat your employee better and maybe they will stay.

Terrible place to work - employees are lied to and don't get any hours

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Marysville, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Marysville, WA

Pros

The employee discount was ok.

Cons

I was promised 20 hours a week when I was hired. The only time I got more than 12 hours was Black Friday week. Normal schedule was one four hour shift and 3 on-calls that were never used. So you are basically working a part-time "job" for four hours a week. Instead of giving more hours to current empolyees, management was constantly hiring new people - I suppose to give them a couple of hours a week, too. If you like clothes and like a discount I suppose this is ok. If you are trying to pay bills, Polo makes this absolutely impossible. Barely made enough money to pay for the gas to get to work. If you value your sanity, if you want to make some money, DO NOT WORK FOR POLO. Just warning you. Go somewhere else where you will get hours and some respect.

Advice to Management

Retain employees and give them hours rather than constantly hiring new people so there are fewer hours for everyone.