There are newer employer reviews for Polo Ralph Lauren

Amazing place with talented people

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Polo Ralph Lauren

Pros

Depending on department, there can be a lot of perks and exposure to the glamour that the Ralph Lauren brand sells. Summer Fridays are given between Labor Day and Memorial Day, but the office usually shuts down by 3:30pm. It was never an issue to get time off and I the salary was higher than average. Great discounts!

Cons

I think if you really want to rise in the company, someone from senior management has to "choose" you and mentor you until you grow into the next level. I know several employees who make it the manager level, but wait 10+ years to hit Director and then even more time before they hit Senior Director. Its a tough company to get into, lots of resumes submitted and it has a private school ambience, which I loved, but I'm sure others could be turned off by it.

As a company do a great job with recognition and timed service.
Departmentally, the senior team could do more to appreciate the lower ranks, like monthly lunches for example.

Be honest with people trying to grow their careers, if you don't see them being promoted or fitting in, advise them to look outside the department/company.

435 Other Employee Reviews for Polo Ralph Lauren (View Most Recent)

Terrible place to work - employees are lied to and don't get any hours

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Marysville, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Marysville, WA

I worked at Polo Ralph Lauren

Pros

The employee discount was ok.

Cons

I was promised 20 hours a week when I was hired. The only time I got more than 12 hours was Black Friday week. Normal schedule was one four hour shift and 3 on-calls that were never used. So you are basically working a part-time "job" for four hours a week. Instead of giving more hours to current empolyees, management was constantly hiring new people - I suppose to give them a couple of hours a week, too. If you like clothes and like a discount I suppose this is ok. If you are trying to pay bills, Polo makes this absolutely impossible. Barely made enough money to pay for the gas to get to work. If you value your sanity, if you want to make some money, DO NOT WORK FOR POLO. Just warning you. Go somewhere else where you will get hours and some respect.

Retain employees and give them hours rather than constantly hiring new people so there are fewer hours for everyone.

I liked the layed back environment, but would expect much better compensation from such a large company

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Gulfport, MS
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Gulfport, MS

I have been working at Polo Ralph Lauren

Pros

-Discount
    -Benefits (only if full time)
    -Environment
    -Large management team
    -HR manager working on-site full time
    -Laid back daily tasks
    -Did I mention the discount??

Cons

-Very poor salary compensation, I'm not sure if it was the region that I was working in, but I believe minimum wage as a base pay is quite rediculous for a large and successful company as Polo. I don't believe it's fair at all.
    -Little to no hours, there were weeks when I worked only 4 hours

Just because you guys receive more payroll hours to distribute that fluxuate weekly, does not require you to hire a bulk-load of new associates. Then two weeks later when your low on hours, all the PT employees suffer and are getting little to no hours. Makes no sense. If you guys receive more hours, give them to all of the present employees! What are you doing??

There are newer employer reviews for Polo Ralph Lauren