There are newer employer reviews for Polo Ralph Lauren

Typical retail position.

Former Employee - Sales Associate
Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Polo Ralph Lauren

Pros

I felt that this was a good experience as a sales associate. It's like your typical retail job, you work with all kinds of people and you get to enhance your sales skills.

Cons

Thankfully my job was not commission based, but some stores were and that could be a problem for people who don't like the "eat what you kill" type of work.

It's hard to offer advice to management because I worked at one retail store. Overall I was satisfied.

reviews filtered by

I would describe my experience at Polo as stressful and hetic.

I have been working at Polo Ralph Lauren

Pros

The polo discount is good. You get first look at the new stuff that is coming out and you get first chance to buy.

Cons

You work long hours as a manager and are limited to having associates work a 20 hour week max. They expect you to hire to the point that no associate gets more then 4 hours. You want a weekend off forget it! or you will be working 10 nights in a row to get that off and it better be for a good reason. Payroll has to be micromanaged by the hour to the point on saturday someone is runnig to the back to input the numbers to make sure you dont miss it! If you miss payroll by even a dollar look out. If you have paperwork to get done most time it is done after you get off or during your lunch hour.

Back off the manageing the payroll by the hour. Let the good associates have more then 20 hours a week and make it easier to get rid of the lousy workers. And give office days to those that need it. Give managers a weekend off every month unless its blacked out.

2. So Far, So Good (for right now)

I have been working at Polo Ralph Lauren

Pros

Not a bad place to work if you need a 2nd part-time job, very relaxing work environment and not very stressful. Management is easy-going and willing to work with you if you had any issues or need time off. Great discount for a quality clothing line if you are an employee.

Cons

Not great pay, like any retail store your enjoyment can depend on how you are treated by customers, only get 15-19 hours for part-time. Work usually very repetitious.

Cut down the staff sizes, hire a few more full-time employees or give more than 20 hours a week to part-time employees who have proven to be reliable and give them in the range of 30-35. You only need to have extra staff readily available on the weekends. So you could give your reliable employees more hours during the week

There are newer employer reviews for Polo Ralph Lauren