Polyclinic
www.polyclinic.com Seattle, WA 500 to 999 Employees

Polyclinic employment is a sure disappointment due to phony management and blatant disregard for staff.

Medical Assistant (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA

I worked at Polyclinic full-time for less than a year

Pros- a learning experience showing just how much a healthcare professional can take before quitting.

-the pay is average

ConsThe Polyclinic orientation is a façade. Outside vendors supply their onboarding literature - no originality, creativity or vision. There is awful buffoonery during Polyclinic attempted software instruction. During your orientation they ask you to sign their job description agreement, and it has two pages of medical assistant duties, and then at the end, there is a clause that basically says management can ask you to do what ever management directs. A medical assistant may be asked to: change your job title everyday, empty garbage everyday, perhaps they'll ask you to do something outside your scope. Who knows? They ought to make you write that part of their job description out in long hand to make sure you recognize it. It's wrong to take advantage of a new medical assistant by asking them to sign a document which states Polyclinic can ask a medical assistant to do anything. Polyclinic hoodwinks new medical assistants at most vulnerable time, and they really ought to be ashamed of that.

The folks who represent management run an obvious rigged game. You can tell by the way they speak to you, an hourly employee, and the way they speak with each other. These are folks who have no insight in healthcare, or care for their medical assistants, let alone the people who come there to provide revenue, or may really be looking for medical help. The management at Polyclinic is fake. It's best to speak with Polyclinic management like you are trying out to be in a toilet paper commercial.

If you expect to keep your job here: do maintain a blunted affect; do not look at anyone directly; do keep your smartphone in your hand to appear awake, but allowing you to avoid direct communication with anyone while your at Polyclinic, do not exceed a working vocabulary of 200 or so words; speak in fragments, blend out, become a fixture.

As an employee, its understood you have nothing to say. Don't expect your attempts at email with supervisors to be answered. Supervisors have no shame in flagrantly ignoring you. There is no honest "above-board" employee communication at Polyclinic.

If your intention is to professionally help people who need help, this is not the place for you.
Polyclinic seems to be deaf (they don't want to hear or listen) and dumb (mgmt appears to not have real experience with people). Like other folks have said here, patient care is really an afterthought.

Constant circus

I have been working at Polyclinic full-time

Pros: Felt my job would not disappear during the recession Cons: Benefits have been cut back yearly for the last 3-4 years. Less holidays came first (for me) then insurance costs and co-pays shot up. Have… Advice to Senior Management: Hire an outside consultant to interview all management and analyze… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Not worth the steady paycheck

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Polyclinic

Pros: Paychecks never bounce and there are the few nice people… Cons: Management is horrible. Taking care of patients is an afterthought. This is not a place to work if you actually want to help people. No… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Polyclinic.

Worked for Polyclinic? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Polyclinic reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Polyclinic CEO Lloyd David. All reviews posted anonymously by Polyclinic employees.