There are newer employer reviews for Polycom

Teleworking SE for Polycom is dream job

Former Employee - Sales Engineer  in  Oxford, CT
Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Oxford, CT

I worked at Polycom

Pros

Great industry, great products, great people. I was given all the resources...to be successful. I was given all the education...to keep current. I was given all the tools...to get the job done. I worked in the telecommunications business...in a brick and mortar building for decades...but there are not alot of telecom manufacturers in my geographical area. When the opportunity at Polycom came along...I was able to transition (with the right communication tools provided by Polycom) to the workplace of the future (home/office). These included hosted VoIP service for PSTN access, wireless access for cell and laptop, video codec for multiparty video conferencing, MS Lync for UC collaboration...and much more. It was excellent to see the telecom business change from analog to digital to proprietary VoIP to Open SIP VoIP...but to actually use it to be a productive teleworker is a dream.

Cons

The only downside that comes to mind is not being able to have lunch or go out after work...with fellow employees to share (in a group format on a regular basis) the personal side of life.

If you are new to the company...do the research to find out the true value to the brand and how it was achieved...and integrate this into forward strategic plans. It is not possible to take a company from "point A" to "point B"...even if you have a great idea of what "point B" is...if you don't know what point A is.

211 Other Employee Reviews for Polycom (View Most Recent)

World changing tech, ambition crushing management

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Polycom

Pros

We make solutions that actually make the world a better, more human, place. Our solutions are being used to help educate kids in far off places, treat the sick where they live, bring remote workers closer into their companies. I wouldn't have taken this job if I knew I had to travel.

Cons

Incompetent middle management. Abysmal onboarding and HR policies. Bigotry against travel. Inability to get from vision to execution. Mercurial CEO who few trust and no one admires.

Keep the smart, passionate lower tier people; fire the managers and VPs who are crushing their spirits. Treat people like people, not iPhone apps.

Long and rewarding

Current Employee - Senior Director  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Polycom

Pros

Polycom is a multi-culture company, with interesting products, in a size that make it not too big and less process oriented like the big giant, but big enough to provide enough interest and career paths.

Cons

Video Conferencing never took off and always kept as niche market, preventing the company to grow, naturally to the next level.

Focus, Focus, Focus - The company lately try to focus on many area, I beleive that we should focus on our cure technology and slowly adopt others, not adopting only the trends.

There are newer employer reviews for Polycom

Worked for Polycom? Contribute to the Community!