Polycom
www.polycom.com San Jose, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Lots of changes in upper management as strategy shifts

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Polycom full-time

ProsGood people to work with, video culture and telecommuting very strong as one would expect. The communication from the top is fairly frequent, but does lack continuity from month to month as the company moves from hardware to software focus.

The technology is slick and used internally as a proof point as well as to test and refine use cases.

ConsShifting market forces are causing some pains as the company makes its way through changing priorities. Some communication is a bit premature as strategy is formed and in early stages. Lots of personnel changes in upper ranks exacerbates this as leadership changes focus and direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementStabilize on software strategy and allow enough time for it to take root.

Very challenging due to the amount of near-constant change and competing priorities.

I have been working at Polycom full-time

Pros: The talented and dedicated engineers. Cons: Senior management has difficulty balancing multiple priorities, especially those disruptive… More

Great Technology to work but unstable market

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Polycom full-time for less than a year

Pros: Very interesting technology Good pay and descent benefits Good office infrastructure and facilities Good work life… Cons: Unstable market, telepresence not taking off Shares crashed badly, hitting moral Forced… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Polycom.

Worked for Polycom? Contribute to the Community!

Polycom – Why Work for Us?

Polycom Company Information At Polycom, we believe in the power of bringing people and teams together―regardless of location―to create experiences that push the greatness of human collaboration forward. We’ve been… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Polycom reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Polycom CEO Peter A. Leav. All reviews posted anonymously by Polycom employees.