There are newer employer reviews for Polycom

Good Place to Work

Current Employee - Vice President  in  San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Vice President in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Polycom full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Culture, Feel Empowered, Execs are very accessible

Cons

Much smaller than some of the top competitors.

Keep listening to your employees and letting them know they are the most important company asset.

Oct 2, 2013Communications

Thanks for the comments, leadership is actively engaged in listening tours across the globe and taking deliberate actions in areas where we excel, and fixing areas where we don't.

210 Other Employee Reviews for Polycom (View Most Recent)

Fast paced, performance oriented, ever evolving tech company

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Polycom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good compensation plan, very cool technology to sell and use. There are good people to work with at the ground level.

Cons

Many key executives have left the company, CEO fired for expense mishaps... ooops. Leadership is struggling to keep morale up. company is a hardware solution sell, that is trying to evolve in to a software company that needs to address the cloud in our industry. Polycom's strategy sounds great at a high level, but it is hitting many bumps on the road to execution. CloudAXIS (announced a year ago publicly) is one great example of that.

Providing genuine inspiration to employees, leading by example and providing better training and mentorship will help drive success. Sadly there is not enough of that coming from management at the top. We will have to see what the new CEO and new management team will bring to the table when the recruiters find them...

Oct 2, 2013Polycom

Thanks for the comments. Your cons are on target and areas we are visibly working to address, from the best leadership in the industry, accelerating our software transition and increasing industry ... More

Need innovation technology and product

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Polycom full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A company with good work-life balance.

Cons

The development in Austin site is slow. The schedule is always delayed. The product and program management is bad.

Oct 2, 2013Communications @

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback, and its great to have you here for more than 5 years! I'll ensure product management takes your feedback to heart and we are looking at many ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Polycom

Worked for Polycom? Contribute to the Community!