There are newer employer reviews for Polycom

Good Place to Work

Current Employee - Vice President in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Vice President in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Polycom full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great Culture, Feel Empowered, Execs are very accessible

Cons

Much smaller than some of the top competitors.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees and letting them know they are the most important company asset.

Oct 2, 2013Communications

Thanks for the comments, leadership is actively engaged in listening tours across the globe and taking deliberate actions in areas where we excel, and fixing areas where we don't.

reviews filtered by

Fast paced, performance oriented, ever evolving tech company

Current Employee - Sales Representative in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Polycom full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good compensation plan, very cool technology to sell and use. There are good people to work with at the ground level.

Cons

Many key executives have left the company, CEO fired for expense mishaps... ooops. Leadership is struggling to keep morale up. company is a hardware solution sell, that is trying to evolve in to a software company that needs to address the cloud in our industry. Polycom's strategy sounds great at a high level, but it is hitting many bumps on the road to execution. CloudAXIS (announced a year ago publicly) is one great example of that.

Advice to Management

Providing genuine inspiration to employees, leading by example and providing better training and mentorship will help drive success. Sadly there is not enough of that coming from management at the top. We will have to see what the new CEO and new management team will bring to the table when the recruiters find them...

Oct 2, 2013Polycom

Thanks for the comments. Your cons are on target and areas we are visibly working to address, from the best leadership in the industry, accelerating our software transition and increasing industry ... More

A number, not a person

Current Employee - Operations in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Operations in Andover, MA

I have been working at Polycom full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoy the coworkers in the immediate office. Decent benefits. Option to work from home a couple of days a week.

Cons

Pay is okay until you break it down by the hours you are expected to work. Completely inept management from the bottom to the top. No direction from said management and certainly no direction for the company now that the CEO was fired in disgrace and all his cronies are jumping ship behind him. Expected to work nights, weekends and holidays--including Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years--because it's in 'the best interest of the company'. It was actually requested of me that I change my moving date when I bought a house because it fell at the end of the month and I'd be required to work on the 31st, which fell on a Saturday. When something goes wrong and you need someone to talk to, there is no HR anywhere to be found--not in the satellite offices, and the ones who are assigned to the satellite offices seem to keep leaving or being reassigned without notice. There is no upward mobility at all, and I haven't had a raise in four of the five years I've worked there (and the first raise was only two percent). Constant layoffs and when there are not layoffs, the threat is looming. An extremely stressful environment that does not at all promote work/life balance or personal growth.

Advice to Management

Your people are your most important asset. Without the people, there is no company. Treat them like people, not slaves or numbers or collateral. Make this a place that people want to be, not a place where stress ruins people's health, personal relationships and families.

Oct 2, 2013Communications

Thanks for writing and sorry to hear you feel like a number here. People are critical to our success, each and every one of us. I'd encourage you not to wait for a local HR resource, as there are ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Polycom