Pomeroy IT
www.pomeroy.com Hebron, KY 1000 to 5000 Employees

It's been a very good experience for me...

Tier III IT Support (Current Employee)
Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Pomeroy IT

ProsIt's a great place to advance your professional skills and learn, especially for techs..

Opportunities to makes some great contacts with other professionals in your field.

They pay very well, and comp is decent.. (paid vacation, flexible schedule)

The Managment team is great. (I can't say enough good things about my Manager and the HR dept.)

No micro-managment. As long as my users/customers are happy then my boss/manager is happy and leaves me to do my job. But they have no problem stepping in when needed.

ConsNo real employee-evaluation system.

Not much chance of advancement. (You can find better positions/contracts but you have to be really pro-active in seeking them out)

This is not so much a con but something you should be aware of when seeking employment with Pomeroy. Some of the positions require extensive background checks and can take a few weeks to complete. Getting an offer letter does not guarantee the job.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think it would be a good idea to have some form of periodic employee performance evaluation. I think performance evals can help to show an employee that what they do makes a contribution to the big picture, and I think that is great for moral. In my opinion it's even more important in temp or contract based positions that have no set advancment path.

I think HR should try to do better at outlining the benefits that come with each position/contract. They seem to vary greatly depending on your job.

Fast pace, good learning environment for inexperienced or upcoming engineers

Senior Engineer (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Pomeroy IT

Pros: Good partners, great people, services leadership in tune with customer… Cons: Salary caps, the company has undergone many leadership changes in… Advice to Senior Management: None Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good place to work

Hardware Tech (Current Employee)
Hebron, KY

I have been working at Pomeroy IT

Pros: Very good place to work. Cons: Pay isn't the greatest. Job Security. If they lose the… Advice to Senior Management: Bring back raises Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Pomeroy IT.

Worked for Pomeroy IT? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pomeroy IT reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pomeroy IT CEO Chris Froman. All reviews posted anonymously by Pomeroy IT employees.