Pomeroy IT

There are newer employer reviews for Pomeroy IT

Best place I've ever worked

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hebron, KY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hebron, KY

I have been working at Pomeroy IT full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I'm 42 and have never been a "company person". That has changed. I love the people and the leadership. Certainly there are areas for improvement. However, if you bring talent, smarts and a great work ethic, it pays off. In addition, leadership will absolutely hear constructive criticism AND do something about it. How novel an approach!

I LOVE my colleagues. I've worked with great people before...but never as many in one place as I do now. I can't say enough good things about them!!!

My leadership entrusts us to be grown-ups and do our job...no micromanagement. In addition, if I have a doctor's appointment, my heart isn't pounding because I feel pressure to get back to the office. I did with my last employer.

I feel confident that I have career options within the organization within other departments. I've NEVER felt that way before.

I have never worked for an organization so dedicated to giving back to the community in which it operates. It makes me proud to be a part of the team.

Great environment! Pomeroy really is the place to be!!

Cons

The one complaint that I would have is about PTO. For a senior level person in my field, it's a little challenging to work with the starting amount. However, I always feel like my manager will work with me to have the ever-elusive work / life balance.

More vacation would be appreciated. All-in-all, Pomeroy is the place to be!

93 Other Employee Reviews for Pomeroy IT (View Most Recent)

You make the culture....

I have been working at Pomeroy IT full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible and results oriented, perform well and you are rewarded... the culture continues to evolve as one that is driven not just by the company's financial success, but also by creating and developing opportunities for growth in the organization.

Cons

Management needs to continue to connect with the every day employees, ensuring that their messages don't fall on deaf ears.... no stock opportunity since privately held..

Continue to drive your message, it matters if you truly desire to make Pomeroy the place to be,

Great co-workers, culture and management team need a lot of work

I worked at Pomeroy IT full-time

Pros

Pros – Good company culture internally, teammates are easy to work with. Opportunities for learning if you ask. No one will hand you training. You must look out for yourself here.

Cons

Cons – Company has lack of direction, tries too hard to be everything to everyone. Lots of people with general knowledge, but very few people with specialized knowledge. Not much room for advancement once hired. People are generally paid well below going market rates.

Advice to Senior Management – Build out specialized teams and practices. Choose a few key ares to focus on and become experts in those areas. Be proactive rather than reactive. Clearly set expectations, goals and rewards. You need a formal review process. Never approached in 3 years for a review or raise. Only amateur companies do business this way.

Take care of the folks that have put you where you're at. Most execs I met were nice, but could do with an ego check. Those Fortune 100 clients you're dealing with? You really need teams that can step up to the challenge and not just BS their way through contracts and processes.

There are newer employer reviews for Pomeroy IT