There are newer employer reviews for Pomeroy

It's been a very good experience for me...

Current Employee - Tier III IT Support in Norfolk, VA
Current Employee - Tier III IT Support in Norfolk, VA

Pros

It's a great place to advance your professional skills and learn, especially for techs.. Opportunities to makes some great contacts with other professionals in your field. They pay very well, and comp is decent.. (paid vacation, flexible schedule) The Managment team is great. (I can't say enough good things about my Manager and the HR dept.) No micro-managment. As long as my users/customers are happy then my boss/manager is happy and leaves me to do my job. But they have no problem stepping in when needed.

Cons

No real employee-evaluation system. Not much chance of advancement. (You can find better positions/contracts but you have to be really pro-active in seeking them out) This is not so much a con but something you should be aware of when seeking employment with Pomeroy. Some of the positions require extensive background checks and can take a few weeks to complete. Getting an offer letter does not guarantee the job.

Advice to Management

I think it would be a good idea to have some form of periodic employee performance evaluation. I think performance evals can help to show an employee that what they do makes a contribution to the big picture, and I think that is great for moral. In my opinion it's even more important in temp or contract based positions that have no set advancment path. I think HR should try to do better at outlining the benefits that come with each position/contract. They seem to vary greatly depending on your job.

Other Employee Reviews for Pomeroy

1. Fast pace, good learning environment for inexperienced or upcoming engineers

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer in New York, NY

Pros

Good partners, great people, services leadership in tune with customer needs, HR focused on employee development

Cons

Salary caps, the company has undergone many leadership changes in the last three years, forging relationships internally can be difficult

Advice to Management

None

2. Good place to work

Current Employee - Hardware Tech in Hebron, KY
    Current Employee - Hardware Tech in Hebron, KY

Pros

Very good place to work.

Cons

Pay isn't the greatest. Job Security. If they lose the contract you are out a job.

Advice to Management

Bring back raises