Best place I've ever worked

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hebron, KY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hebron, KY

I have been working at Pomeroy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm 42 and have never been a "company person". That has changed. I love the people and the leadership. Certainly there are areas for improvement. However, if you bring talent, smarts and a great work ethic, it pays off. In addition, leadership will absolutely hear constructive criticism AND do something about it. How novel an approach!

I LOVE my colleagues. I've worked with great people before...but never as many in one place as I do now. I can't say enough good things about them!!!

My leadership entrusts us to be grown-ups and do our job...no micromanagement. In addition, if I have a doctor's appointment, my heart isn't pounding because I feel pressure to get back to the office. I did with my last employer.

I feel confident that I have career options within the organization within other departments. I've NEVER felt that way before.

I have never worked for an organization so dedicated to giving back to the community in which it operates. It makes me proud to be a part of the team.

Great environment! Pomeroy really is the place to be!!

Cons

The one complaint that I would have is about PTO. For a senior level person in my field, it's a little challenging to work with the starting amount. However, I always feel like my manager will work with me to have the ever-elusive work / life balance.

Advice to Management

More vacation would be appreciated. All-in-all, Pomeroy is the place to be!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. You make the culture....

I have been working at Pomeroy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible and results oriented, perform well and you are rewarded... the culture continues to evolve as one that is driven not just by the company's financial success, but also by creating and developing opportunities for growth in the organization.

Cons

Management needs to continue to connect with the every day employees, ensuring that their messages don't fall on deaf ears.... no stock opportunity since privately held..

Advice to Management

Continue to drive your message, it matters if you truly desire to make Pomeroy the place to be,

2. Rip-Off Artists

I worked at Pomeroy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

not much
    except that it is a job....it wont pay your bills

Cons

lying & stealing from employees, they harass and intimidate their employees

Advice to Management

pay the ones making the moey for you