PoolCorp
www.poolcorp.com Covington, LA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Wish I hadn't left at times

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe job was a good mix of desk job and active work environment. I was able to easily advance to the next level when the opportunity arose. There were opportunities to move anywhere if I had wanted to.

ConsOne: bonuses at the time were structured poorly and I didn't see it was going to be possible to achieve it. Alot of the bonus depended on things thatvwerecoutside my control so I was at the mercy of others to get part of my salary. Which leads me to TWO: low pay that was not competitive for same position elsewhere. The potential high bonus would have made up for that but it wasn't looking possible to achieve.
I have heard that the bonus issue has been sits resolved where it is possible to get and leans less on performance of people that I had no control over.

Advice to Senior ManagementPhase out the rest of the good old boys from the days before Poolcorp; force retirement of the people that still hold onto how things were done before Poolcorp bought their distribution company if the ate not on board with how things are being done now.

Had a Skype interview then a face to face. Was offered job same day as face to face

I have been working at PoolCorp

Pros: Prompt, honest, lots of opportunity Cons: Relocation is almost a must More

The Drawbacks of a Publically Owned Co.

CDL Delivery Truck Driver (Former Employee)

I worked at PoolCorp

Pros: Good Benifits, needed time off handled appropriately, access to tecnical info… Cons: Poor rate of pay, response to problems was very slow or non - existant in some cases, bullying by senior employees was a problem, inappropriate… Advice to Senior Management: Keeping low wages to satisfy investors return is not condusive to a well functioning company and that will produce better returns. A… More
There are newer reviews on PoolCorp.

Worked for PoolCorp? Contribute to the Community!

PoolCorp – Why Work for Us?

Everything But the Water With more than 3,400 employees and over 300 locations worldwide, POOLCORP leads the pack as the world's largest wholesale distributor of swimming pool supplies, equipment and related leisure… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PoolCorp reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PoolCorp CEO Manny Perez de la Mesa. All reviews posted anonymously by PoolCorp employees.