There are newer employer reviews for PoolCorp

Wish I hadn't left at times

I worked at PoolCorp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The job was a good mix of desk job and active work environment. I was able to easily advance to the next level when the opportunity arose. There were opportunities to move anywhere if I had wanted to.

Cons

One: bonuses at the time were structured poorly and I didn't see it was going to be possible to achieve it. Alot of the bonus depended on things thatvwerecoutside my control so I was at the mercy of others to get part of my salary. Which leads me to TWO: low pay that was not competitive for same position elsewhere. The potential high bonus would have made up for that but it wasn't looking possible to achieve.
I have heard that the bonus issue has been sits resolved where it is possible to get and leans less on performance of people that I had no control over.

Phase out the rest of the good old boys from the days before Poolcorp; force retirement of the people that still hold onto how things were done before Poolcorp bought their distribution company if the ate not on board with how things are being done now.

35 Other Employee Reviews for PoolCorp (View Most Recent)

Had a Skype interview then a face to face. Was offered job same day as face to face

I have been working at PoolCorp

Pros

Prompt, honest, lots of opportunity

Cons

Relocation is almost a must

The Drawbacks of a Publically Owned Co.

Former Employee - CDL Delivery Truck Driver
    Former Employee - CDL Delivery Truck Driver

I worked at PoolCorp

Pros

Good Benifits, needed time off handled appropriately, access to tecnical info is good, monthly meetings for updates and to handle problems were consistant.

Cons

Poor rate of pay, response to problems was very slow or non - existant in some cases, bullying by senior employees was a problem, inappropriate shifting of responsibilities was cronic, over sight of poor employee relations was inconsistant. Inconsistant price changes to certain customers was rampant where big customers received unfair loww prices and small customers received unfair high prices. This resulted in a high rate of theft.

Keeping low wages to satisfy investors return is not condusive to a well functioning company and that will produce better returns. A better model for assignment of responsibilities is needed. Less emphasis on the importance of senior employees where production over-rides quality of results.

There are newer employer reviews for PoolCorp

Worked for PoolCorp? Contribute to the Community!