Good experience, effort required.

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate
Former Employee - Warehouse Associate

I worked at PoolCorp full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work is seasonal - in temperate climates this means easy work during colder periods.
Opportunities exist to advance in the company, from warehouse positions to management.

Cons

Work is seasonal - busier periods during the warmer months can mean lots of work.

Other Reviews for PoolCorp

Wish I hadn't left at times

I worked at PoolCorp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The job was a good mix of desk job and active work environment. I was able to easily advance to the next level when the opportunity arose. There were opportunities to move anywhere if I had wanted to.

Cons

One: bonuses at the time were structured poorly and I didn't see it was going to be possible to achieve it. Alot of the bonus depended on things thatvwerecoutside my control so I was at the mercy of others to get part of my salary. Which leads me to TWO: low pay that was not competitive for same position elsewhere. The potential high bonus would have made up for that but it wasn't looking possible to achieve.
    I have heard that the bonus issue has been sits resolved where it is possible to get and leans less on performance of people that I had no control over.

Phase out the rest of the good old boys from the days before Poolcorp; force retirement of the people that still hold onto how things were done before Poolcorp bought their distribution company if the ate not on board with how things are being done now.

Had a Skype interview then a face to face. Was offered job same day as face to face

I have been working at PoolCorp

Pros

Prompt, honest, lots of opportunity

Cons

Relocation is almost a must

There are newer employer reviews for PoolCorp.

Worked for PoolCorp? Contribute to the Community!