The only company I've worked for where I look forward to coming to work every day.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at PoolCorp full-time for more than a year

Pros

Unique corporate culture, business model, and vision to expand the industry, autonomy, consistent opportunity for growth and advancement, great communication from top to bottom of the hierarchy, and room to shine.

Cons

The operations side of the company could have more continuing educational resources and programs to work with at the sales center level somewhat like the sales side does.

Keep investing in the MIT program and finding new ways to make it even better.

Other Reviews for PoolCorp

The MIT program is a fantastic opportunity to transition from college into the business world.

Current Employee - Operations Manager
    Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at PoolCorp full-time for less than a year

Pros

Your voice counts. Anybody can have a great idea and at POOLCORP people listen. There is a huge potential for career upside at POOL. Senior and Midlevel managers are close to retirement and new Managers (MITs) coming into the company have vast opportunities to climb the corporate latter. You MUST:
    -Be willing to relocate
    -Be ready to work in a demanding warehouse setting.

Cons

Summers can be brutal. The pool industry can be full of tough and demanding customers that expect you to be quick. You need a thick skin and a willingness to learn pool industry product knowledge.

Open up training opportunities for people outside of the Fast track MIT program. Promote the PDMIT program not everyone knows it exists.

PoolCorp has given me a great chance to succeed.

Current Employee - MIT
    Current Employee - MIT

I have been working at PoolCorp full-time

Pros

Great manager in training program that encompasses almost every aspect of the business, and gave me a chance to sling shot my carrer. Lots of room to move up and grow with this company as it continues to grow. The training includes great programs for marketing, sales of any product, presentations, and financial analysis.

Cons

Thus far the biggest complaint is the warehouse management software. It takes a while to get used to, even with the training program, but has been even more difficult to teach to new hires.

Work on the inventory management system

There are newer employer reviews for PoolCorp.

Worked for PoolCorp? Contribute to the Community!