PoolCorp

There are newer employer reviews for PoolCorp

NICE

Current Employee - Regional Buyer in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Regional Buyer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at PoolCorp

Pros

Nice place to get experience in a midsize growing corporate environment,

Cons

Upper management kills your bonus

Divise a diffrent method of purchasing early buys and define the rebates at the branch level.

36 Other Employee Reviews for PoolCorp (View Most Recent)

POOL, glad I learned alot and got out while I could.

Former Employee - I. T Department in Covington, LA
    Former Employee - I. T Department in Covington, LA

I worked at PoolCorp

Pros

There are only a couple of reasons to even consider working for POOL. First and foremost would be the opportunity to learn. I worked in I.T. and started from the bottom. I learned alot from some very smart people. I would not be where I am today in my career if not for POOL.
    The other good reason to work for POOL is the opportunity to work with some of the best people you could meet(excluding the management people). I made alot of friends and miss alot of them since I have moved on from POOL. I wish them the best!

Cons

In this category, first and foremost, the (micro)management. From the IT Director up to the President and vice presidents of the company. They are running the company into the ground. Just look at the stock price/history.
    For the typical employee(non-executive), the salaries are very much below the industry lows. They expect you to put in 50-60 hours a week, but not compensate their employees for it. The bonus structure is non existent, except for the executives. The workers in the trenches bust their buts just to get crapped on over and over.
    The company has a very high employee turnover rate.

Treat your employees, you know the ones that are making you money, with respect and pay them according to market salaries.

Decent wage, poorly organized

Former Employee - Shipper in North Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Shipper in North Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at PoolCorp full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good wage, fun staff, lotsa inventory to learn. Good hours and benefits. Was close to home, overtime available

Cons

Poorly organized, compny was bought out and management had trouble transitioning to the new system corporate office was implimrnting.

There are newer employer reviews for PoolCorp