PoolCorp

www.poolcorp.com

The Drawbacks of a Publically Owned Co.

CDL Delivery Truck Driver (Former Employee)

ProsGood Benifits, needed time off handled appropriately, access to tecnical info is good, monthly meetings for updates and to handle problems were consistant.

ConsPoor rate of pay, response to problems was very slow or non - existant in some cases, bullying by senior employees was a problem, inappropriate shifting of responsibilities was cronic, over sight of poor employee relations was inconsistant. Inconsistant price changes to certain customers was rampant where big customers received unfair loww prices and small customers received unfair high prices. This resulted in a high rate of theft.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeeping low wages to satisfy investors return is not condusive to a well functioning company and that will produce better returns. A better model for assignment of responsibilities is needed. Less emphasis on the importance of senior employees where production over-rides quality of results.

Well ran company and an industry leader with great salary and benefits.

Business Development Representative (Former Employee) Houston, TX

I worked at PoolCorp full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Casual work environment. Benefits, salary, PTO and stock options. Cons: Slow to execute plan and follow up could use a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Unhappy employee

Anonymous (Current Employee)

I have been working at PoolCorp

Pros: Fun people to work with at the branch level Cons: Pay is low and it is difficult to move up… Advice to Senior Management: Pay should be equal to experience No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on PoolCorp.

Worked for PoolCorp? Contribute to the Community!