There are newer employer reviews for Porch

Great team with a promising future!

Current Employee - Senior Data Scientist in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Senior Data Scientist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Porch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Highly collaborative and fast pace team with motivated experts in each department thar you can trust and on whom one may rely. Lots of opportunities to be a rock star abs be recognized.

Cons

Because of our fast pace, we can't afford to train or groom. You gotta have initiative, hit the ground running, and ask questions.

Advice to Management

Let's keep improving communication and the quality of our product.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

It's all about perception

I worked at Porch

Pros

Cool office in Seattle. Swings. Food. View.

Cons

What the hell are all of these reviews? Please. Refrain from drinking the kool-aid, folks. I'm not one to disapprove team chants and ear-to-ear smiles, but none of it here seemed genuine to me.

You walk into the office and you're greeted by sales, sales and more sales. What's going on here?

Advice to Management

Give some transparency. Be real.

Reality Bites

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Porch

Pros

Inspiring C-Suite.
    Free beer on Fridays.

Cons

Please see the review titled "Wolf in Sheep's Clothing". That person knows what's up. Many of these reviews seem placed to cover honest reports.
    "Move Fast" = the worst internal communication and middle management I have ever experienced. The right hand does NOT know what the left hand is doing.
    "Culture" = Frat house environment. Obvious favoritism-- don't expect meritocracy, you better be a suck-up.
    "Fast Growing" = high turnover (people are unhappy!)
    "Value" = Say one thing and do another. This company expects a lot and gives little in return. I get that it's a startup, but this company does a terrible job at making employees feel valued. There is a high expectation for employees to believe in a product (or the dream of it) and very little investment in employee well-being. Want to change a billion dollar industry? Invest in your employees. I think I speak for lots of my previous colleagues when I say they often feel like any day could be their last. How does one perform well feeling like that?

Advice to Management

Middle management on the sales side needs some serious training! They aren't doing the company any favors. The feeling like "Porch is the next big thing" doesn't exist with many people I've talked to-- and for good reason, at least for now.