There are newer employer reviews for Porch

Great team with a promising future!

Current Employee - Senior Data Scientist in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Senior Data Scientist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Porch full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Highly collaborative and fast pace team with motivated experts in each department thar you can trust and on whom one may rely. Lots of opportunities to be a rock star abs be recognized.

Cons

Because of our fast pace, we can't afford to train or groom. You gotta have initiative, hit the ground running, and ask questions.

Let's keep improving communication and the quality of our product.

reviews filtered by

Reality Bites

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Porch

Pros

Inspiring C-Suite.
    Free beer on Fridays.

Cons

Please see the review titled "Wolf in Sheep's Clothing". That person knows what's up. Many of these reviews seem placed to cover honest reports.
    "Move Fast" = the worst internal communication and middle management I have ever experienced. The right hand does NOT know what the left hand is doing.
    "Culture" = Frat house environment. Obvious favoritism-- don't expect meritocracy, you better be a suck-up.
    "Fast Growing" = high turnover (people are unhappy!)
    "Value" = Say one thing and do another. This company expects a lot and gives little in return. I get that it's a startup, but this company does a terrible job at making employees feel valued. There is a high expectation for employees to believe in a product (or the dream of it) and very little investment in employee well-being. Want to change a billion dollar industry? Invest in your employees. I think I speak for lots of my previous colleagues when I say they often feel like any day could be their last. How does one perform well feeling like that?

Middle management on the sales side needs some serious training! They aren't doing the company any favors. The feeling like "Porch is the next big thing" doesn't exist with many people I've talked to-- and for good reason, at least for now.

Great Mission Terrible Place to Work

Former Employee - Local Market Specialist in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Local Market Specialist in Seattle, WA

I worked at Porch full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people that make up Porch(C level executives to the newest hire) are young and enthusiastic entreprenuers trying to build something great. The top management team is comprised of great business professionals with a vision.

Cons

Middle management could use a lot of training and even a massive restructure. The atmosphere and work environment are very poor. You rarely see a smiling face on the floor. Managers will threaten your job to make sure you work and they encourage everyone to work LONG days. The recruiters over promise pay to get talent in the door. At the end of the!day you will be making less than minimum wage to meet their requirements.

Hire more enthusiastic managers and people who know how to lead. Go over new product implementations on a weekly basis. The sales floor does not know what they are selling. Also, be a little more discrete about favorites within the company..

There are newer employer reviews for Porch