Port Authority of New York and New Jersey

www.panynj.gov
  www.panynj.gov
There are newer employer reviews for Port Authority of New York and New Jersey

It's a learning experience.

Current Employee - Passenger Information in Jersey City, NJ
Current Employee - Passenger Information in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Port Authority of New York and New Jersey

Pros

Great benefits and great pay. Weekly pay. Great healthcare packages. Management works well with others. Good environment and positive workplace.

Cons

Limited to certain job advancement. Rotating schedules is a negative. Security at certain stations. Standing during different weather climates(winter and summer).

Management should listen a little more to what the employees would like to make everyone happy as a whole. Work scheduling is a little difficult.

88 Other Employee Reviews for Port Authority of New York and New Jersey (View Most Recent)

It has been great I love my job and my coworkers and management are excellent people to work with.

Current Employee - Security Guard in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Security Guard in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Port Authority of New York and New Jersey

Pros

Good pay, great benefits, can continue education and get help for tuition, room for advancement.

Cons

Security Guards aren't treated the way they should get treated. We should get the same respect and acknowledgement as everyone else.

Very enjoyable with pleasant, friendly co-workers and supervisors.

Current Employee - Toll Collector in Staten Island, NY
    Current Employee - Toll Collector in Staten Island, NY

I have been working at Port Authority of New York and New Jersey

Pros

Very good medical and dental benefits. Good starting salary when compared to other places of employment. Wide variety of opportunities for career change and advancement Pleasant, helpful co-workers and supervisors.

Cons

The travel time and expense getting to the various work sites. The changing of shift times from week to week.

Offering each employee a copy of the rotating work schedule complete with lane starting times would be helpful in reducing confusion as to when they are due to report for work. Combining the proximity card and ID card into one card for use in both building access and toll collection machine startup could cut down on card loss.

There are newer employer reviews for Port Authority of New York and New Jersey