Port Of San Diego
www.portofsandiego.org San Diego, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Very Disappointed

General Services/Procurement (Current Employee)

I have been working at Port Of San Diego

ProsWorking at / on property by the water is enjoyable, Some of the people are very nice, They do pay for any school course that you might take, They give you good benefits not found else where, Enjoy the public contact.

ConsThe bad employee's out way the good, "taking advantage of what the have to offer", To afraid to deal with a bad employee one on one, Upper management does not seem to listen, To many chiefs, Never seen so much back stabbing as I have seen here, Always downsizing the low man but they seem to never get rid and/or adjust all the high paying jobs, Supervisor's telling good workers to stop working hard and slow down because they are making the bad/lazy employee's mad.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease start to care about "all" aspects of every positions and not just the top paid! Open your ears and listen because a lot of people have great ideas! Give more to the low end of the business as that is one of your main foundations, don't forget that! Please deal with the bad employee's one on one and not the "BLANKET" effect! Stop treating good employee's bad! To much to list etc...

Pleasant Co-workers, Good Benefits

Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee)

I worked at Port Of San Diego

Pros: Convenient location-great commute Free parking or subsidized bus pass Free parking and shuttle for employees who use the… Cons: Clerical staff is regarded as inferior to "college-educated" staff and not fully immersed in the team.… Advice to Senior Management: Senior Management has been working to correct this problem for 5 years and every year the employees are polled and the results are charted. … More

Amazing Place to Work

Maritime Trade Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at Port Of San Diego full-time for less than a year

Pros: The Port is an amazing organization to work for.. People will sit… Cons: People sit on their jobs for 20 years Advice to Senior Management: Keep it up Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Port Of San Diego.

Worked for Port Of San Diego? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Port Of San Diego reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Port Of San Diego CEO Wayne Darbeau. All reviews posted anonymously by Port Of San Diego employees.