Porter Novelli

www.porternovelli.com
There are newer employer reviews for Porter Novelli

It is a fantastic place to work - the culture is unlike any other in its class.

Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Porter Novelli full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The culture is phenomenol - It is a pleasure to come to work everyday.

Cons

The pay is what it is. The public relations industry is tough in general, but I do feel they could be stronger in regards to compensation.

Continue to support your junior staff members via opportunities and compensation.

43 Other Employee Reviews for Porter Novelli (View Most Recent)

There are pros and cons for everything

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Porter Novelli

Pros

The working environment is very positive and colleagues are support of each other, helping out when needed. The agency as a whole tries to be up to date on trends in the industry providing support and guidance from its headquarters. There are great relationships with clients. There is flexibility in schedules, working from home, taking off for doctor appointments, etc.

Cons

The days are long and agency work is always stressful. Don't think the company does enough to support and reward its staff - for example, there are hardly ever any financial incentives or bonuses. The benefits of working in a big agency are not as strong when working outside of one of the bigger offices. Training on key company value proposition tools does not always make it to the smaller offices.

Continue focusing on leading in industry trends, but don't forget the people who get the "company" there. There should be a stronger program in place to ensure employee motivation and morale is high - whether that includes bonuses, on the spot rewards, incentives and other activities to build community throughout the different offices. Otherwise, staff will burn out and get out.

Best internship I've ever had!

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Porter Novelli

Pros

This internship is by far one of the best out there. Interns are involved in all aspects of life at the agency, from brainstorm sessions to writing to pitching. Senior management went above and beyond to accommodate us. I had daily interaction with account VPs and they took the time to get to know me and my career goals. We even had the opportunity to present our intern project to Gary Stockman, CEO, which is not something many interns can say they did. My PN internship has opened so many doors for me with the job application process. Very grateful. Also, pay is great for a college student ($12+ an hour, time and a half for any overtime). The "benefit" of an included monthly NYC metro card was very helpful.

Cons

All of the interns were assigned to different teams so our experiences differed from one another. Mine was extremely positive overall but I know an intern who didn't have as great an experience.

Keep up the great work with this program! Maybe for next year hold a meeting to discuss any potential openings in PN offices for interns to apply for or what the next steps would be for us to stay in contact with HR throughout our senior year.

There are newer employer reviews for Porter Novelli