Portfolio Recovery
www.portfoliorecovery.com Norfolk, VA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Good experience, poor compensation

Legal Clerk (Former Employee)
San Diego, CA

I worked at Portfolio Recovery full-time for more than a year

ProsI gained valuable knowledge working for their Litigation Department. Hands-on document production and developed understanding of civil case process.

ConsWith all that is expected of the Legal Clerks and demand for seemingly endless push to increase production for without increased incentives. Raises are rarely if ever given and no employee recognitions. Combined with relatively low-entry level starting pay the company does not value their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncreased incentives, employee recognition.

Just a job to make some extra money; loathed going to work.

Account Representative (Former Employee)
Newport News, VA

I worked at Portfolio Recovery

Pros: Takes no true manual labor; you just talk on the… Cons: Get cussed out a lot; management are number crunchers! Advice to Senior Management: Make sure you collect money! No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Best Place I ever worked

Account Representative (Former Employee)
Hampton, VA

I worked at Portfolio Recovery

Pros: Bonuses, Bonuses, Bonuses!!! Oh did I mention Bonuses? Cons: Sometimes the managers could be unprofessional and "ghetto" like the weren't properly… Advice to Senior Management: When you need someone to do something, ask them instead… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Portfolio Recovery.

Worked for Portfolio Recovery? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Portfolio Recovery reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Portfolio Recovery CEO Steve Fredrickson. All reviews posted anonymously by Portfolio Recovery employees.