There are newer employer reviews for Portfolio Recovery

Just a job to make some extra money; loathed going to work.

Former Employee - Account Representative in Newport News, VA
Former Employee - Account Representative in Newport News, VA

I worked at Portfolio Recovery

Pros

Takes no true manual labor; you just talk on the phone all day.

Cons

Get cussed out a lot; management are number crunchers!

Advice to Management

Make sure you collect money!

reviews filtered by
  1. Best Place I ever worked

Former Employee - Account Representative in Hampton, VA
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Hampton, VA

I worked at Portfolio Recovery

Pros

Bonuses, Bonuses, Bonuses!!! Oh did I mention Bonuses?

Cons

Sometimes the managers could be unprofessional and "ghetto" like the weren't properly trained to be as professional as they should be for a manager.

Advice to Management

When you need someone to do something, ask them instead of telling them or odering them to do something. yes.

I would recommend!

Former Employee - Collector in Newport News, VA
    Former Employee - Collector in Newport News, VA

I worked at Portfolio Recovery

Pros

Top of the line training, I went into the the debt collections field after "looking" for a career change , when I was released from training I had a great understanding of the job requirements and had excellent continuational support. After being assigned to a Team of collectors, you are entered into a very competetive environment which helps to off set the UNDESIREABLE thought of calling our fellow Americans who 90% of the time already know and live in the misery that they are in debt, although its very contridictory to my last statement, its a job that has to be done as I applied for it, working there taught me alot about where my present and future needs to be and go in order to never be on the other end of the phone..... with that said the primary objective is to be the top collector, all the hours spent creating affordable plans or landing a lucky break that someone is calling to SETTLE the account there was always a day that EVERYONE is recognized. The management team is Always available the supervisors have high expectations set of them in which help to keep us up to date with all process and procedures,and constantly driving numbers by running power hours and incenting individuals on a daily basis (instead of just that 1 bonus at the end of the month),,, its a great state of the art environment,,,

Cons

None specific, hours do call for nights (?)

Advice to Management

Dont only seek out your top performers for career advancements, get to know EVERYONE on an individual basis,, at times the feeling of a "management click" existed........... however no complaints in the knowledge of the industry and companies overall standings, and what the initiatives of a Senior Managment team were. and to be clear none were ever NONAPPROACHABLE in regards to needing assistance with issues etc...