Portland General Electric

www.portlandgeneral.com

Get a job there if you can.

Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsFirst off: I was employed by PGE for only one week back in 2005. Due to my own, ahem, mistake (read: foolishness) I left for "greener pastures". Therefore, chances are my review is completely different from reality. However, I decided to post what I observed during the 1 week I spent there.
1. Superb benefits package.
2. Competent management, both the top and middle-level.
3. Super nice working conditions. You work in the heart of Portland, on the waterfront, in a modern building, spacious quiet cubicle, very high speed internet, top-of-the line computers etc.
4. Overall, very mature, professional and well run organization.

ConsIn general I cannot say I saw any. For me the commute was long (but it has nothing to do with the job)

Advice to Senior ManagementThey seem to be doing good job and don't need any advice.

Extremely positive - an incredible company to work for

I have been working at Portland General Electric

Pros: Good benefits, pay, and an very supportive atmosphere. Strong company… Cons: The company is going through a lot of change and… More

Good company, very ethical people and management.

I have been working at Portland General Electric

Pros: Working very hard to update systems and become fore efficient. … Cons: Senior management is disconnected from front-line staff. IT department is about as dysfunctional as… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Portland General Electric.

Worked for Portland General Electric? Contribute to the Community!