There are newer employer reviews for Portland General Electric

Get a job there if you can.

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Portland, OR
Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Portland, OR

Pros

First off: I was employed by PGE for only one week back in 2005. Due to my own, ahem, mistake (read: foolishness) I left for "greener pastures". Therefore, chances are my review is completely different from reality. However, I decided to post what I observed during the 1 week I spent there. 1. Superb benefits package. 2. Competent management, both the top and middle-level. 3. Super nice working conditions. You work in the heart of Portland, on the waterfront, in a modern building, spacious quiet cubicle, very high speed internet, top-of-the line computers etc. 4. Overall, very mature, professional and well run organization.

Cons

In general I cannot say I saw any. For me the commute was long (but it has nothing to do with the job)

Advice to Management

They seem to be doing good job and don't need any advice.

Other Employee Reviews for Portland General Electric

1. Extremely positive - an incredible company to work for

Pros

Good benefits, pay, and an very supportive atmosphere. Strong company values and effective management team

Cons

The company is going through a lot of change and that presents many challenges and stress for employees

2. Good company, very ethical people and management.

Pros

Working very hard to update systems and become fore efficient. Taking care of customer and employees while they're at it.

Cons

Senior management is disconnected from front-line staff. IT department is about as dysfunctional as I've seen in years. Despite nearly constant reorganization, they still can't get their act together.