Portland General Electric
www.portlandgeneral.com Portland, OR 1000 to 5000 Employees

A stable place to work with a family atmosphere.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Portland, OR

ProsTwo reasons it is nice place to work: it is a regulated monopoly so the company works hard to maintain a positive public image. Also, people tend to work there for a long time so close relationships are developed. It is a nice combination.

ConsThe low employee turnover means that new ideas are harder to come by, and the average age is older than any other place I've worked. It can be a bit stodgy. Because it is under public scrutiny and MUST have solid delivery of its product, business tends to move slowly.

Great place to work

I have been working at Portland General Electric

Pros: The company expects you to work longer hours when it's necessary but they also highly value a strong work/life balance. Management… Cons: Base pay is typically lower than other companies within the same… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Get a job there if you can.

Systems Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Portland General Electric

Pros: First off: I was employed by PGE for only one week back in 2005. Due to my own, ahem, mistake (read: foolishness) I left for… Cons: In general I cannot say I saw any. For me the… Advice to Senior Management: They seem to be doing good job and don't need… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Portland General Electric.

Worked for Portland General Electric? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Portland General Electric reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Portland General Electric CEO Jim Piro. All reviews posted anonymously by Portland General Electric employees.