There are newer employer reviews for Portland Select

In 3 months, I learned more about marketing and management than I ever learned during my 4 previous internships.

Current Employee - In-house Administrator  in  Beaverton, OR
Current Employee - In-house Administrator in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Portland Select full-time for less than a year

Pros

Best opportunity to learn marketing, sales, and management strategies that will prepare you for the future.

Cons

The hours feel extra long some days because I live far away from the office.

I have nothing bad to say. Working for Portland Select this past summer was an awesome opportunity. I care about the company and am excited to be apart of the team.

2 Other Employee Reviews for Portland Select (View Most Recent)

Shame on these people

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Portland Select full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pretty cool co-workers -- as long as you're producing the way the boss wants. If you're not, the entire staff will know and they will turn against you.

Cons

-Inconvenient location; no reimbursement for mileage
    -Deceptive recruitment; this is a commission-based retail job, plain and simple. The interviewers will do whatever it takes to avoid admitting this. Since I left this job, I have seen the same position advertised under at least five different names
    -Employees live in fear of being fired; trainers will blame their trainees if they themselves did not produce in a day ("I would have gotten leads, but I was taking care of the new guy," etc.)
    -Unprofessional boss -- easy to get along with until you show the slightest sign of slippage and are immediately expendable
    -Cult-like environment

Start from scratch. Do not mislead people in advertisements or interviews. There were some really great people who I worked with here. It's a shame that they're in the situation they are.

There are newer employer reviews for Portland Select

Worked for Portland Select? Contribute to the Community!