Portrait Innovations
portraitinnovations.com Charlotte, NC 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great pay, advancement opportunity, and vacation package, but limited health/FMLA perks

Studio Manager (Former Employee)
Nashville, TN

I worked at Portrait Innovations full-time for more than 3 years

ProsExcellent earning potential, fast advancement, strong team environment, goal-oriented, relocation allowance

ConsMore of a sales job than a photography job, no health insurance, no FMLA leave, relocation is often necessary to advance

Advice to Senior ManagementI only worked under one studio manager, who was ambitious, thorough, and dedicated the store and staff's success, and had 4 different regional managers (I worked in 3 different regions), who fit the same description.

In my opinion, the only way that management could improve, would be to emphasize the sales aspect of the job more in recruiting and hiring. All to often, new recruits would have lots of photography experience, but no sales skills, and would be very inflexible in learning or understanding the process.

I would also recommend a more solid cultivation of managers. I noticed that there were often managers who got promoted who should not have been, and their studios and staff suffered deficits and high turnover as a result.

I felt like a pushy, used car salesman.

Sales Associate/Photographer (Former Employee)
Cedar Rapids, IA

I worked at Portrait Innovations full-time for more than a year

Pros: Depending on where you work the only pro would be… Cons: It is a joke. You make good pay, but not enough for what you have to do. They suck you in by telling you that… Advice to Senior Management: Stop trying to be the Wal-Mart of portrait studios. You may have to pay more at… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Narrow minded, money hungry corporate fast food photography

Studio Manager (Former Employee)
Newport News, VA

I worked at Portrait Innovations full-time for more than a year

Pros: photography and working with kids and family Cons: no guidance or feedback from upper management on improving, corporate only cares abou bringing in the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Portrait Innovations.

Worked for Portrait Innovations? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Portrait Innovations reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Portrait Innovations CEO John Grosso. All reviews posted anonymously by Portrait Innovations employees.