There are newer employer reviews for Portrait Innovations

Fun job. Terrible company.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager On Duty in Barboursville, WV
Former Employee - Assistant Manager On Duty in Barboursville, WV

I worked at Portrait Innovations full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Rewarding interactions with families and kids. Good pay.

Cons

Corporate could not possibly care less about you as an individual. Constantly questioning if you're going to have your job the next day.

Advice to Management

Management on the store level is great. Management above that needs to care more about their employees. It is wiser to support the people who work for you instead of trying to scare them into having better sales averages.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Poor management skills

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Photographer in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Photographer in Augusta, GA

I worked at Portrait Innovations full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CEO of the company is really nice. I wish he had a inside look of the employees he has working for him. His vision for the company is being destroyed.

Cons

No benefits, overworked, childish behavior, poor scheduling. High school work environment, not for mature adults.

Advice to Management

Assistant manager should be the real manager with real experience and educational background. Current manager is rough around the edges and could use some training in business etiquette. Personal matters should only be discussed in a personal environment and not in professional work place. Schedule changes on a daily bases so no one can never plan. Inside of being one person in front of corporate you should be professional at all times. My final advice is CEO needs to put video cameras in his business so he can get an inside look of what his employess are promoting.

I felt like a pushy, used car salesman.

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Photographer in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Photographer in Cedar Rapids, IA

I worked at Portrait Innovations full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Depending on where you work the only pro would be the people you work with.

Cons

It is a joke. You make good pay, but not enough for what you have to do. They suck you in by telling you that you will gain more photography experience, work in a fast pace, up beat environment, and that you have the potential to advance in the company. They only photography experience you get is how to follow their strict protocols, and if you don't you get critizied. They also only care about your employment if you have a high sales average, which is only realistic if every one of your sales is over $100. They also have no updated props, so the pictures are low quality, posing can only be so good, and they lie and say they don't keep the images so you will buy a cd. Well, they do keep the images. They are always located on every computer in the studio. You also have no time for your family. All of our days off our set by the corporate office (all the way in North Carolina, I live in Iowa) so I miss almost every family event because it is nearly impossible to request a day off. I have also only had one weekend off since i started at the company over 8 months ago. I finally got out of that corporate trap of a company.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to be the Wal-Mart of portrait studios. You may have to pay more at other studios or buy hiring a personal photographer but by doing that you at least get quality.