There are newer employer reviews for Ports America

Good company to work for...

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Chandler, AZ
Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Ports America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

PA offers excellent compensation and bonus structure. The management staff are very professional and attentive to team needs. The atmosphere there is great. The building and work areas are well lighted, open and setup to enhance a collaborative environment. My supervisor was very knowledgeable and made every effort to keep me up on current technology.

Cons

One member of my team was very unprofessional in that they treated certain people with respect while treating others as if they were not important to the team. I made every effort I could to be friendly and professional to this person however they had their mind set that only certain people were going to be friendly with her. It was totally unprofessional of this person.

Advice to Management

Keep your more qualified people at all cost.Some of the people on your team there are too dependent on others to get their jobs done however you keep these people because they are (1) Female and you are VERY friendly with them and (2) these people have their heads so far up where the sun doesn't shine you can't see their mistakes.

Other Employee Reviews for Ports America

Very Poor Management of Finance Dept in Chander, AZ

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Ports America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ports America has excellent benefits due to having 10,000+ employees. The office is a comfortable work environment (new computers, new comfortable chairs, newest and latest coffee machines).

Cons

Accountants are extremely overworked and understaffed. High turnover in Accounting. Management is very ineffective, incapable and incompetent. For example, the CFO's resume shows an extensive history of job hopping (average job lasts two years) which is more than likely due to poor decision making in financial mgmt. The CAO is never at work due to repeated personal family problems. As a result, the Finance Dept. is very poorly managed and has lost very talented people who have moved on to more stable and prosperous organizations.

Advice to Management

Terminate the Chief Financial Officer and the Chief Accounting Officer. This will allow new talent to come in and refocus the Finance Dept. on what truly matters - good business decision making and financial prosperity.

The worst company I ever worked for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Ports America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fair benefits. Grill party to make you feel valued.

Cons

Weak management and very unprofessional HR in Chandler. Many Supervisors have no education which creates conflicts as unable to handle their job. Very hard working environment and no one cares about any improvement. You have to be friend with your supervisor in order to keep the job. Same in many departments. Poor pay. Don't get yourself into this extremely hard working environment. If you think you will get up there, that's not going to happen.

Advice to Management

Get more educated employees and do your job you are hired to do.