Portugal Telecom
www.telecom.pt Lisbon, Portugal 1000 to 5000 Employees

Software Consultant at Telecom

Software Consultant (Current Employee)
Lisbon (Portugal)

ProsThe company is financially very stable.
You may have the opportunity to work in big projects.
Big recognized name in market
As far as I know, there is generally a good work environment between colleagues.

ConsThe main problem is the old-fashioned management culture of seeing almost everything as numbers, excel sheets, and so on... That kind of policies make employees somtimes feel as disposable.
It is said that people are the most important thing but in practice lots of people don't feel the same. I guess this is what happens at most of big companies that exist for a long time (except some very recent ones).

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove HR practices, stop looking at numbers and start listening to people, introduce real empowerment policies...

Nice place to work

IT Related (Current Employee)

I have been working at Portugal Telecom full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Stable company, strong management, lots of work and projects going… Cons: Sometimes its hard to change people from old habits because the incumbent, state… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up with the good work, make portugal telecom a market force together with Oi… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good company for a stable job

Software Developer (Former Employee)
    Lisbon (Portugal)

I worked at Portugal Telecom full-time for more than a year

Pros: Stable environment with a friendly, competent and mature team. A… Cons: As it happens with many big corporations, there's a lot… Advice to Senior Management: Improve employee career path. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Portugal Telecom.

Worked for Portugal Telecom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Portugal Telecom reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Portugal Telecom CEO Zeinal A. Mahomed Bava. All reviews posted anonymously by Portugal Telecom employees.