Positronic Design

www.positronicdesign.com
  www.positronicdesign.com
There are newer employer reviews for Positronic Design

Uncomfortable work envoirnment - OK for part time, telecommuting work.

Former Employee - Consultant in Holyoke, MA
Former Employee - Consultant in Holyoke, MA

I worked at Positronic Design

Pros

Flexibility and relaxed work environment.

Cons

Uncomfortable work environment (for women) and very poor management.

More structure, greater clarity and don't take advantage of employees.

3 Other Employee Reviews for Positronic Design (View Most Recent)

A very good place to work, if you don't need structure.

I have been working at Positronic Design

Pros

Flexibility. Creative opportunities. Great lunch served for free to all contractors present every day. Lots of really great people are associated with this place and since nobody is an "employee", everyone has the flexibility they need to make it work for them. Great collaborative environment. Pretty unique among workplaces. Lots of different kinds of projects to work on.

Cons

Lack of security since everyone is a contractor and work can come or go. Not a place to try to get all your hours, but a real good source of work if you're actually good at what you do. Pay isn't too high but this is Western Mass so what do you want. Nobody pays anything out here. This place is better than most, if you're good. You really got to be on top of your own game though. If you need a lot of structure, don't try working here.

Go get some more contracts so the work keeps rolling in. Would love to do more work there so I hope you can land some more big jobs. I know the economy has been brutal but keep trying!

Interesting work. Friendly people.

Current Employee - Web Design Contractor in Holyoke, MA
    Current Employee - Web Design Contractor in Holyoke, MA

I have been working at Positronic Design as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

The work is very interesting and changes frequently so I don't get bored. There is free lunch served every day which is a nice perk. It's 1099 contract work so I can set my own hours and refuse any assignment I'm not interested in, plus they leave me alone and just care about the final product, which is better than most places I've worked. Interesting mix of contractors to collaborate with and the owner is a pretty good guy and very fair. All and all a pretty decent company to be a contractor for.

Cons

It's contract work so there are no benefits or paid holidays or guarantee that you'll get the same amount of work every week, and it doesn't pay like New York or Boston but in Holyoke that's just the way it goes. Pay is decent for Western Mass though.

Try to get larger, longer term contracts so that people can have more consistent hours. Keep working the CraigsList angle cause you've gotten some good jobs there.

There are newer employer reviews for Positronic Design