Postmates

www.postmates.com
  www.postmates.com
There are newer employer reviews for Postmates

An amazing group of people on a mission to change the world...at least a little bit!

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Operations Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Postmates full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Electric atmosphere.
The people are amazing!
The benefits are great!
The work is challenging and keeps you interested.

Cons

There is nothing bad about working for this company. In the time I have been here I have always looked forward to coming to work. I have never had a job I could say that about.

Keep up the great work! Your focus and drive towards meeting goals keeps everyone motivated. The company culture is fantastic and should be kept on the same trajectory.

83 Other Employee Reviews for Postmates (View Most Recent)

Nightmare

I worked at Postmates as a contractor

Pros

it started out well for a week...
    if you need a job, they will hire anyone with a bicycle
    get to work outside
    majority of the people you deliver to are nice

Cons

work as contractor, no benefits (maybe a bottle of water if you are lucky and that's on a really good day)
    terrible pay (exploitative. they say you can make up to 20/hr, but you are closer to min. wage)
    underappreciated. couriers are replaceable. high turnover
    management is clueless and has no knowledge of running a courier company or treating their workers. you get treated like scum (correction, scum gets treated better)

even though i had a bad experience, i must say got a really great idea. hire people that can manage. better compensation for the couriers.

Had Potential

Current Employee - Courier in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Courier in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Postmates as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible Schedule. If you're commission you're not obligated to accept any jobs you don't want. Find out about good restaurants in the city.

Cons

This start up started well enough but right when it really blew up and became popular in the city they decided to change hourly shifts for the couriers. Now they're mostly relying on commission paid drivers who understandably are not interested in going from the mission to the avenues for $7.00. Lots of jobs but no one interested in delivering them. I think they're finally starting to realize this but still not sure about the best way to go forward. Higher commissions or pay the couriers hourly. Don't let their employment ads fool you. You will not average $16-$20 an hour unless everyone you deliver to adds a $10 tip which guaranteed won't happen. Realistically $11 an hour is average.

Start a finance department. Get serious about courier salaries.

There are newer employer reviews for Postmates