Potawatomi Bingo and Casino

There are newer employer reviews for Potawatomi Bingo and Casino

Worst casino I've worked at

Former Employee - Table Games Dealer in Milwaukee, WI
Former Employee - Table Games Dealer in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Potawatomi Bingo and Casino full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Depending on which department you're in there is flexibility as far as scheduling and some possible raises

Cons

Clientele is rude, Management in many departments is incompetent, most management does not care about happiness of employees

22 Other Employee Reviews for Potawatomi Bingo and Casino (View Most Recent)

This place will cause you to drink, smoke or eat your way into forgetting the pain.

Former Employee - Bingo in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Bingo in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Potawatomi Bingo and Casino part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The money or opportunity to gain money will convince you that you are making a great decision. The hours are short unless you're full time. Than I'll pray for you.

Cons

Your main concern is working for the casino and taking crap from the "guests". I've seen co-workers threatened with There's a thousand people who'd kill to have this job." Management has laughed in our faces for bringing up things like availability or going to school because we had signed contracts saying we were open at all times.
         The hours fluctuate first shift and you have to be open from 7am to 8pm every single day without fail. If you're sick, or late for even a minute, you get talked to and the fear of being fired is placed in your soul.

What can I tell people who've made it clear that we're replaceable? It would be like talking to a brick wall.

Good place to work assuming you understand what you are signing on for

Current Employee - Table Games Dealer in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Table Games Dealer in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Potawatomi Bingo and Casino full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-- Pay is good considering the job prerequisites
    -- They will train you, and generally want you to succeed
    -- Interesting work, especially if you are a "people person"
    -- Fairly easy job to get if you are a career changer. No one went to school planning to be a casino dealer...
    -- You are learning a trade that will get you a job in any place that has a casino. PBC has a good reputation if you are thinking of moving elsewhere.
    -- Good opportunities to advance if you stick with it and take the job seriously

Cons

-- Attendance policy is borderline insane. You WILL show up to work unless you are genuinely too sick to stand for 8 hours. This means there is always some bug going around because people are coming in sick and coughing on you.

-- Negative attitude among your coworkers. Lots of them are young and it's either their first job, or a "temp job" while they figure out what they really want to do. They're not planning to stay, their heart is not in it, and they complain. Try not to let it rub off on you.

-- You need to be able to deal with angry guests who are losing money, without losing your cool or getting depressed over it.

-- When you start, you will get 1am-9am or the 8pm-4am shift probably. Lucky people get 5pm-1am. This schedule is not for everyone, and you are stuck with it for at least 6 months.

-- When you are working, you will be BUSY and actually working. There are lots of rules to get used to. It's not really a "con"...it makes sense considering what the job is, but it's a shock if you had a desk job and some significant portion of your time was not actually spent working.

Give people some sick days (even if they need a doctor's note to prove it).

There are newer employer reviews for Potawatomi Bingo and Casino