Potbelly Sandwich Works

www.potbelly.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Potbelly Sandwich Works

Fun, laid-back but little room for advancement. Good for a first job.

Former Employee - Associate in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Associate in Chicago, IL

I worked at Potbelly Sandwich Works part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The job is fun. My store had people singing and dancing on the line all the time. The work is relatively easy. The food is great. Great first job.

Cons

There's little room for advancement. Working in the back of the house was often back-breaking. The pay was very low.

185 Other Employee Reviews for Potbelly Sandwich Works (View Most Recent)

hmmm.

Current Employee - Associate-Prep in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Associate-Prep in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Potbelly Sandwich Works full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Discount, not really that much though.
    Some friendly staff
    nice neighborhood, it's safe.

Cons

PAY IS TOO LOW for the work I DO.
    the work load is alot, they make it seem like it's easy in the interview to get your foot in the door. MAKE SURE TO ASK what the prep entails, IN DETAIL before you take the position. THAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING.

Then figure out whats on the prepsheet, All meat must be cut to the specifics(understandable) But don't flip out on ur worker if its not perfect. Dont talk smack either. I can easily go somewhere else.
    If you have a degree in business management good luck trying to get a mgmt position here. It's very clique ish. All in all I hope to find something better.

Maybe instead of talking about ur personal life, or the cute guy at the counter. U could I dunno maybe instead of flexing ur boss muscles you could maybe get to know me. And stop swinging it around because you are the boss.

I really wanted to give this job a good rating, but...

Former Employee - Certified Trainer in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Certified Trainer in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Potbelly Sandwich Works full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The pay was great for me. The work environment was fun and extremely busy- no down time- so there was always something to do. My bosses, with one exception, were fun-loving, dedicated, and overall great people. There was always room for promotion and outward expansion. if you're trying to get a foot in the door for this business, now is the time- this company wants to go global. It wasn't the dream job for me, but I had a lot of fun with it.

Cons

2 things:
    1. I attempted to become a shift leader at this company, having expressed a strong desire to my manager. Turns out, 3 months later, he had someone else in mind that he had hired within the last month. This actually happened multiple times. When he finally did "train" me, he basically didn't- he just gave me the book and did his own thing, leaving me to sort of flounder about. Never made it to shift lead. One week afterward, this same manager would claim me having left milk out as proof that my heart wasn't into the job anymore. (?)
    2. I very nearly severed the tip of my finger while at work, and naturally had to go to the hospital, with work telling me that they would pay my hospital bill. Long story short, after faxing HR the bill multiple times, they never paid it. I had to pay it myself, in full, so as not to ruin my credit. I'm still a little sore about that one (no pun intended).

You have a great business model, but I think you need to review Worker's Compensation a little more closely.

There are newer employer reviews for Potbelly Sandwich Works