There are newer employer reviews for Pottery Barn

Absolutely LOVE This Job!!!!

Current Employee - Design Coordinator
Current Employee - Design Coordinator

I have been working at Pottery Barn part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I never thought I would love working in retail until I started at Pottery Barn Kids! Great place, lovely people!

Cons

Its retail - you still get "interesting" customers, but that comes with the territory. Just have to smile and nod sometimes.

Advice to Management

I'm in management but regardless, I'd say to GM's...schedule more people with the closing crew.

Other Employee Reviews for Pottery Barn

Terrible experience

Former Employee - Stock Associate in East Lansing, MI
    Former Employee - Stock Associate in East Lansing, MI

I worked at Pottery Barn part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well established brand name Close to campus Friendly customer base

Cons

Store management runs inefficiently especially with delegation of hours split between stockroom and sales floor.

Advice to Management

A more coordinated effort to plan duties and hours to the sales floor and stockroom employees. One coordinated effort should be made when there is new product that needs to be plan -o-grammed onto the sales floor. When not busy pull the sales floor associates from the sales floor and have them stock the backroom since there is an inequality with hours delegated to the stock room. In the busy months for the store have a proper amount of people to receive the big trucks to expedite the process of bringing new product to the sales floor. Promote from within your ranks instead of looking for external candidates.

Extremely Disorganized, Lack or Leadership, Lack of training and direction. Moral is DEAD for this company.

Former Employee - Stock Associate in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Stock Associate in Rockville, MD

I worked at Pottery Barn part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

%30-40 Discount, on selected item.

Cons

1- You will not be compensated for the work that you do. 2- Never ending job ( You receive new merchandise every day with no possible place to store them) 3- Young manager with little to no experience are power tripping 4- You will be approach to start a task and mid way through it they ask you to stop and work on something else, and middle on that they ask you for 10 more tasks. 5- DONT EXPECT ANY MANAGER TO HELP YOU, THEY JUST DELEGATE. (SHAME SHAME SHAME) 6-7-8-9-10- NO TRAINING on how to do your job, but plenty of how to use a box cutter!!!

Advice to Management

Seriously, you are taking this company down. I Worked in your stock room in during my visit in MD for a short time. There is absolutely no clear direction for the staff, why do you need 5 young inexperience key holders and furnish them with an assistant manager title. That just goes to their head. You have extremely professional part-time employees working and they are being run out by your inexperience full time, no good key holders called "management". Please help your cutler and hold them accountable.