Pottstown Memorial Medical Center

www.pottstownmemorial.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Pottstown Memorial Medical Center

Great, interact with all levels of staff on a daily basis.

Current Employee - Unit Manager in Pottstown, PA
Current Employee - Unit Manager in Pottstown, PA

I have been working at Pottstown Memorial Medical Center

Pros

Diversity and many opportunities are present, as there are numerous positions all related to effective and critical health care procedures.

Cons

Some opportunities for advancement are only considered based on seniority. This may be a disadvantage for Nursing students/entry-level hospital employees.

To effectively monitor all aspects of the fiscal budget to avoid any unforeseen events, as well as prevent staffing cuts and annual operational hurdles.

6 Other Employee Reviews for Pottstown Memorial Medical Center (View Most Recent)

I loved working here

Former Employee - Er Registrar in Pottstown, PA
    Former Employee - Er Registrar in Pottstown, PA

I worked at Pottstown Memorial Medical Center part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Fabulous co-workers, great training, and a real sense of community. I would gladly work here again. I learned how to work well under pressure and less than ideal circumstances (making decisions with very ill people in front of you).

Cons

No major cons. As working in any hospital you may come in contact with germs more often but that's to be expected.

Reminded me of high school.....

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Pottstown, PA
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Pottstown, PA

I worked at Pottstown Memorial Medical Center full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Non-nurses were very friendly and great to work with (support staff, unit clerks, housekeeping, etc). Doctors were very knowledgeable and approachable.

Cons

I worked as a nurse and the nurses are VERY clicky. If you're not part of the "in" crowd, you're quickly ostracized. After my orientation, I did NOT have any kind of mentor, and when I asked questions, I was made to feel dumb. So I stopped asking questions and my shift supervisor would simply critique me and talk at me instead of encourage me or help me. It was very demeaning. I was told to resign or be fired.

Nurses need to learn to work together. It should be about patient care, not a competition to see who's popular.

There are newer employer reviews for Pottstown Memorial Medical Center