Poudre Valley Health System

www.pvhs.org
There are newer employer reviews for Poudre Valley Health System

Treated Unfairly

I worked at Poudre Valley Health System

Pros

Large place and a large number of employees, decent benefits, discounts from local stores, Senior management seems to care about employees

Cons

While I really enjoyed working at PVH, the managers that do a poor job managing don't seem to face any repercussions. We were required to fill out surveys on a quarterly basis about what we thought about Senior Management and direct supervisors. My supervisor consistently received low scores and nothing was ever done about it. As soon as my supervisor found out I was applying for jobs in other departments she started treating me differently and suddenly my employee file was gone over with a fine tooth comb. I ended up getting fired for a minor mistake (my one and only) that dozens of other people had made, and they still have their jobs. I was told that the mistake I had made was grounds for immediate termination, but I was suspended for nearly 3 weeks while "under investigation". I'm not a disgruntled employee, I would still like to work at PVH, I just think I was treated unfairly.

To Senior Management: Pay attention to the MSA surveys. When a supervisor consistently gets poor reviews, shouldn't that tell you something is wrong?

24 Other Employee Reviews for Poudre Valley Health System (View Most Recent)

You Don't Want to Work Here

I worked at Poudre Valley Health System

Pros

Big company, some employee perks, discounts given at from stores in the community, the senior management seems to be friendly.

Cons

While the senior management seems to be friendly and smile in your face, they have knives waiting to stick in your back the moment you turn around and human resources is only there to protect the managers, not the hardworking employee. Retaliation is common practice at PVH.

Senior management, listen to your employees. The MSA surveys are done for a reason but seem to be a waste of time as nothing good ever comes out of them.

Poudre Valley Health System: Moving from forward for the future of Healthcare

Current Employee - Clinical Coordinator
    Current Employee - Clinical Coordinator

I have been working at Poudre Valley Health System

Pros

2008 - Malcolm Baldridge recipient, Magnet Certificaiton and Recognition of nurses within the organization, Colorado Performance Excellence Award, World Class Care, Benefits are very good, Nursing Committee's ability to faciliate change within nursing practice and provide for evidence based care in all protocols and proceedures. Tuition reimbursement is excellent at $3,000 annually with the opportunity to recieve foundation scholarships annually. Relatively low nurse to patient ratios at 1:3 and ranked in the 99th percentile among Magnet hospitals.

Cons

Limited Career advancement opportunities for advanced degree'd employee's. Antiquated electronic health records software.

Communication to all levels of employees on past, current, and future trends for the system

There are newer employer reviews for Poudre Valley Health System