Poudre Valley Health System
www.pvhs.org Fort Collins, CO 1000 to 5000 Employees

Treated Unfairly

Inventory Specialist (Former Employee)
Fort Collins, CO

ProsLarge place and a large number of employees, decent benefits, discounts from local stores, Senior management seems to care about employees

ConsWhile I really enjoyed working at PVH, the managers that do a poor job managing don't seem to face any repercussions. We were required to fill out surveys on a quarterly basis about what we thought about Senior Management and direct supervisors. My supervisor consistently received low scores and nothing was ever done about it. As soon as my supervisor found out I was applying for jobs in other departments she started treating me differently and suddenly my employee file was gone over with a fine tooth comb. I ended up getting fired for a minor mistake (my one and only) that dozens of other people had made, and they still have their jobs. I was told that the mistake I had made was grounds for immediate termination, but I was suspended for nearly 3 weeks while "under investigation". I'm not a disgruntled employee, I would still like to work at PVH, I just think I was treated unfairly.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo Senior Management: Pay attention to the MSA surveys. When a supervisor consistently gets poor reviews, shouldn't that tell you something is wrong?

You Don't Want to Work Here

Inventory Specialist (Former Employee)
    Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Poudre Valley Health System

Pros: Big company, some employee perks, discounts given at from stores… Cons: While the senior management seems to be friendly and smile in your face, they have knives waiting to stick in your back the moment… Advice to Senior Management: Senior management, listen to your employees. The MSA surveys are done for a reason… More

Poudre Valley Health System: Moving from forward for the future of Healthcare

Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Poudre Valley Health System

Pros: 2008 - Malcolm Baldridge recipient, Magnet Certificaiton and Recognition of nurses within the organization, Colorado Performance Excellence Award, World Class Care, Benefits are very good,… Cons: Limited Career advancement opportunities for advanced degree'd employee's. Antiquated electronic… Advice to Senior Management: Communication to all levels of employees on past, current, and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Poudre Valley Health System.

Worked for Poudre Valley Health System? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Poudre Valley Health System reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Poudre Valley Health System CEO Rulon F. Stacey. All reviews posted anonymously by Poudre Valley Health System employees.