There are newer employer reviews for Poudre Valley Health System

PVH is very frustrating.

Current Employee - Applications Analyst  in  Fort Collins, CO
Current Employee - Applications Analyst in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Poudre Valley Health System

Pros

The company is full of nice people and nice buildings. Benefits are good. An employee can pretty much be a slacker and yet get a raise.

Cons

PVH hires more consultants than any company I have ever worked at. They outsource support rather than train internally. They really believe that vendors don't have turnover or wouldn't send an unqualified person to our site. It was very insulting to work with a consultant that PVH was paying a fortune to when the employees knew more. PVH seems to be the leader in end of life companies like Novell and Sun. Password changes happen every 6 years. Some IS directors are in positions that they are not qualified for. They have no experience in a growing organization. Training is not in the budget but they can afford consultants and vendor run projects. All employees get the same raise. The hard workers get the same raise as the slackers so why put in 100%?

Invest in IS. Update the tools that the company uses. Use pay for performance and reward the employess that are engaged in PVH. Stop sacrificing security for customer service. Communicate direction and train the staff that supports the system. Computer environments change rapidly, deal with it and pay to train the staff.

23 Other Employee Reviews for Poudre Valley Health System (View Most Recent)

Treated Unfairly

Former Employee - Inventory Specialist  in  Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Poudre Valley Health System

Pros

Large place and a large number of employees, decent benefits, discounts from local stores, Senior management seems to care about employees

Cons

While I really enjoyed working at PVH, the managers that do a poor job managing don't seem to face any repercussions. We were required to fill out surveys on a quarterly basis about what we thought about Senior Management and direct supervisors. My supervisor consistently received low scores and nothing was ever done about it. As soon as my supervisor found out I was applying for jobs in other departments she started treating me differently and suddenly my employee file was gone over with a fine tooth comb. I ended up getting fired for a minor mistake (my one and only) that dozens of other people had made, and they still have their jobs. I was told that the mistake I had made was grounds for immediate termination, but I was suspended for nearly 3 weeks while "under investigation". I'm not a disgruntled employee, I would still like to work at PVH, I just think I was treated unfairly.

To Senior Management: Pay attention to the MSA surveys. When a supervisor consistently gets poor reviews, shouldn't that tell you something is wrong?

You Don't Want to Work Here

Former Employee - Inventory Specialist  in  Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Poudre Valley Health System

Pros

Big company, some employee perks, discounts given at from stores in the community, the senior management seems to be friendly.

Cons

While the senior management seems to be friendly and smile in your face, they have knives waiting to stick in your back the moment you turn around and human resources is only there to protect the managers, not the hardworking employee. Retaliation is common practice at PVH.

Senior management, listen to your employees. The MSA surveys are done for a reason but seem to be a waste of time as nothing good ever comes out of them.

There are newer employer reviews for Poudre Valley Health System

Worked for Poudre Valley Health System? Contribute to the Community!