Power Design

www.powerdesigninc.us

Fast-paced, high energy, fun culture!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Petersburg, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Pros

I think what really makes this company are the values and the people...well, that and the socials, parties and contests run throughout the year to add some fun!

I have to say I'm really proud to work for a company that puts forward its values (integrity, accountability, teamwork, innovation and growth) on a daily basis. It's really not something that you find at every company, and it's something that I think changes the outlook of the company as a whole.

What I really love about Power Design is the culture. Power Design attracts high-energy, driven employees that work hard and play hard. It's really nice to be in a company where the people around you are as passionate and driven as you, and to be able to challenge each other and work as a team to get the job done right!

It's also nice to be in an environment that encourages growth and training. With a 12,000-square-foot training center (which is pretty impressive!), there's always some kind of training going on in the building. Plus, the company offers tuition reimbursement programs and other training initiatives, which is pretty cool.

(It's also great to work for a company that puts on fun events such as summer socials, pet photo contests, costume contests, and BBQs!)

Cons

I think one thing that I would say is that Power Design really is a fast-paced, challenging environment. When you're running dozens of projects around the country, all with deadlines and specifications, you've really got to be able to keep up. It is definitely not a slow-paced environment, and I think that people who come here thinking that it will be very easy, or people who can't adapt to change really well, are not going to have their expectations met. I think this company expects a lot out of itself, and thus expects a lot out of its employees.

I think a lot has changed in the last couple of years at Power Design. What, in my opinion, has always been an employee-focused company, is even moreso now. There are a lot of really cool initiatives going on right now with company goals, performance appraisals, compensation programs, and new hire training and guidance. It's a cool thing to see a company evolve more and more!