There are newer employer reviews for Power Design

Amazing Company with even more amazing opportunities

Current Employee - Operations in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Operations in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Power Design full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Professional management and staff. Leadership gives clear direction on the companies future. Great goal alignment between departments. Promotions are based on performance not just length of service. Ability to make an impact and be part of change. Really dynamic fast paced workplace. Lives its values. Extremely innovative culture. Invests in training and works to build a culture of teamwork. A lot of company functions (beach family day, 1/2 day off for meeting quarterly goals, baseball games, happy hours, sport leagues, holiday functions, etc..... A company that really cares about its employees and is growing tremendously. Results are rewarded through compensation and recognition.

Cons

Extremely fast paced. Expectations are extremely high. Sometimes too high. Is always looking to improve but can be too eager at times.

Continue to share future plans with employees. Continue to hire strong competent workforce. The stronger my team is the stonger it enables me to me.

24 Other Employee Reviews for Power Design (View Most Recent)

A company for a very short stint, not a career.

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Project Engineer in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Power Design full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice office, gorgeous girls all around, some opportunities for promotion.
    I can't complain too much, everything they promised to do for me they did. But I did see an incredible amount of people getting fired while I was there. You literally don't know who will be in the cubicle next to you by the end of the day.

Cons

Very high turnover. CEO hires people based on their looks not qualifications. I had two Bucs cheerleaders sit next to me working as project engineers with education that had nothing to do with the job. Nice girls but dumb as rocks.
    People are promoted or fired based on looks and character, not abilities.
    The pay was pathetic. They did give me a raise three times during first year. But you have to push for it hard.
    CEO has a very short temper. Can fire people on the spot if you get an argument with him on a bad day. Saw a few senior managers fired that way.
    Overall, ok company for a quick 1-2 year stint out of college. You get experience, they get a low wage worker. Keep in mind, they are a SUB, not GC, for all those college grads, this is a step down.

Stop caring about money so much. We get it that CEO drives a maserati and makes a ton of money. But share something with your employees. A 401K match would be nice for example. Stop hiring girls based on their bra size. I was sick of dealing with dumb blonds who have never been out in the field.

great experience through and through

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Power Design full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Excellent training and superb location and office

Cons

want to have a good boss to start with

There are newer employer reviews for Power Design