This is not my job, it is my career.

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Chester, PA
Current Employee - Account Executive in Chester, PA

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling Group

Pros

Where to begin? Everything from career/personal advancement, incredible promotions, unparalleled training and support, you get paid exactly what you're worth, and the most insane company holiday parties in the world. I have worked in two departments (marketing/sales), everyone is there to help. It's not cut throat like most other sales positions. You know how at most jobs you spend your day looking at the leadership thinking how incompetent/ridiculous they are? That is the exact opposite here, and I can't tell you how refreshing that is.

Cons

The schedule is tough on a lot of people, but you have to work hard to reap the rewards.

Other Reviews for Power Home Remodeling Group

Great opportunity for entry level sales

Former Employee - Marketing  in  Chester, PA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Chester, PA

I worked at Power Home Remodeling Group

Pros

Power hires people from a variety of employment and education backgrounds so if you have the drive and are serious about a career in sales or marketing and demonstrate that in the interview your chances of being hired are great. The job provides you with many skills that you can talk about down the line to get a more competitive, higher paying sales position at another company. The marketers at Power are among the highest paid in their field, and there is a lot of opportunity for advancement within the company.

Cons

Very often you don't get back to the office until 7 or 8pm. To get your bonuses your leads have to successfully make it through a number of other people, which means that if you are taking your job seriously and set strong leads because you're good at your job and want to earn more money for yourself, but the guy in confirmation isn't necessarily as persuasive as you are and ruins the lead in his conversation with the homeowner, you don't get paid. The system affects marketers incentive to work hard all day and their confidence that their hard work will be met with reward.

Tell the marketers exactly why an appointment was confirmed cancelled

This job is a scam, and I am actually surprised they can get away with some of the stuff they do.

Former Employee - Field Marketer  in  Chester, PA
    Former Employee - Field Marketer in Chester, PA

I worked at Power Home Remodeling Group

Pros

There are not many. Very little stress, People are mostly cool (although 70% of the people will leave in a 2 month period). The VP was a very nice guy.

Cons

I would urge everyone looking at this company to read this. Its not going to get more truthful or straight forward then what ill be posting right here. The job title's will say sales, jr. marketer manager, marketer manager, etc. It will have a job description that is a lie and is not what you will be doing. The job is a marketer (door to door soliciting to get homeowners to sign up for a free estimate on roofing, windows, or siding). You can not become a manager of any type, you have to start at a entry level marketer and then in a few months you could become a manager but its not a real manager all you do is drive a van and still make the same money. You get 500 dollars and week with out the taxes taken out yet. The only way you make commission is if you get 6 of more sales people to actually go to a homeowners house for their appointment and they write a price out to them. Which is almost impossible. Only 4% of the marketers make bonuses in a 2 week period out of about 90 marketers. Some people set 40+ appointments in 2 weeks and only get 2 appointments visited and make no bonus. Which is saying alot when they only want you to average 20 appointments in a 2 week period. They lie and say you can make 50K a year and how the lowest person made 37k last year when the truth is almost everyone made only 25k. Just go look on the interview questions section of glassdoor and you will see that nearly everyone got hired or atleast got a offer for the job, because they will take anyone. When I first started there were 120 marketers in the room, 7 months later when I left there were only 60 and and only about 10 left from the first day i started with 120 people. They bring in a new hiring class of about 5-10 every week because so many people leave. Its almost laughable. I know its hard times right now but what if you can I would never work for this company. You will get screwed. It also isnt 11-7. You sometimes dont get back to office til 9 or 10 at night. And if you get back by 7 and dont have enough leads you will get yelled at by some of the higher ups even though you worked your butt off and worked for 8 hrs. Not to mention they werent even there to see if you didnt work or did.

Pay the field marketers fairly. They all know its a scam the way your paying them. It not fair that the leads have to go through 5 different people to go out. Also, stop lying with the job postings, there all fake and arent the actually jobs your hiring for.

There are newer employer reviews for Power Home Remodeling Group.

Worked for Power Home Remodeling Group? Contribute to the Community!