Power Home Remodeling Group

www.workatpower.com
  www.workatpower.com
There are newer employer reviews for Power Home Remodeling Group

It has been an amazing experience both professionally and personally.

Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Remodeling Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling Group

Pros

There is a great environment at Power that supports learning and growth. Everyone is willing to help each other excell and there is a real team atmosphere among coworkers.

Cons

The schedule can be a bit difficult and first but once you get assimilated to it it becomes easily manageable.

I would recommend that the management continue to put their focus on finding quality people with character who enjoy working in a team atmosphere. Also, to continue with their openness, transparency and communication.

341 Other Employee Reviews for Power Home Remodeling Group (View Most Recent)

I'm posting this in the hope that I can stop a couple people from making a HUGE mistake

Former Employee - Field Marketer in Chester, PA
    Former Employee - Field Marketer in Chester, PA

I worked at Power Home Remodeling Group

Pros

Not much, you can wear whatever you want. If you have a cool van leader you'll get home at a decent hour. The VP of marketing is a nice guy who understands how grueling this job really is.

Cons

First off, I'm disgusted by the number of fake reviews Power has been leaving on here.

Absolutely terrible pay. 4% of marketers hit bonuses, which leaves the rest making a whopping 26k a year before taxes. If you get assigned to retail duty they will often have you drive to stores that are a couple hours away which is on your own dime unless you work retail all 5 days that week. In that case you get a whopping $60 gas stipend...hope you drive a hybrid.

They will hire ANYONE, one day our van got stopped by a police officer and it turned out one of my "co-workers" had warrants out for his arrest. The cops took him away, but to my surprise two weeks later he was back on the job.

Possibly the biggest con is the estimate system, you only get bonuses if you hit a certain number of estimates in a pay period. Although you have zero control over whether your appointments become estimates. Sometimes certain time slots will be over scheduled so they will reschedule your appointments...which for some crazy reason means you no longer get credit for them.

If you dropped out of high school and have a criminal record then I guess you could do worse but they are dead set on bringing in college grads who pretty much all quit within a couple months.

You need to make a decision. Do you want an extremely cheap work force? then you might as well stop bringing in college grads, they will just quit. If you want to start paying people decently then bring in college grads and treat them fairly.

Yes this is a real review

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Stratford, CT
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Stratford, CT

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling Group

Pros

The absolute first pro of working for this company has been the people I work with. I hang out with the people I work with every weekend. I worked at a job before this one where I said the same thing but there is truly something to be said a culture and a plan implemented and executed by people all relatively young (20s-30s) that has impacted and revolutionized how the home improvement/ contracting industry is viewed. You may hear people on here say "this is a scam" but the numbers speak for themselves. The company looks for employees who look in the mirror when there is a problem they are not happy with and I believe that is why we've been able to accomplish so much since I started working here in 2009. The overwhelming majority of people have that type of character which is why it is so fun/motivating to work here. I came from marketing after 2 years into sales in late 2010 and have not looked back since. Both of my parents lost there jobs in 2009 I was able to help support them while they got back on there feet. When that happened I promised to pay for their property taxes on our home (flemington NJ, 16k a year btw) and have not looked back since. I would not have ever been able to do that if I was not compensated the way I am here. I plan on staying here and seeing our ultimate goal of becoming the largest home improvement company all the way through. So pros: people, culture, pay, promotions, vision.

Cons

You will hear people say they were lied to. What you also notice is that they all stayed for several months too. You find out the nature of the job in the 2nd day however, so apparently it is not as awful as it seems. I have done both marketing and sales and consider both very good. But your success at this OR ANY OTHER COMPANY is a direct correlation to the effort you put in. The only con I have is that sometime the hours can be overwhelming. But if I did not put in the extra effort I would not be where I am. So even that I cant complain about. This is not even a con but if you don't like Jeremy Lin then that would be a con too because that gets talked about when sportscenter is on in our office everyday.

Find a replacement for bella stone because I love dressing up the house in that stuff. Nothing says "Hey, I care about this place baby!" better than a nice stone thrown in on select areas of a home.

There are newer employer reviews for Power Home Remodeling Group