There are newer employer reviews for Power Home Remodeling Group

Awesome place to work

Current Employee - Office Manager in Greenbelt, MD
Current Employee - Office Manager in Greenbelt, MD

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling Group

Pros

Power fosters an amazing corporate culture. There is a lot of young energy and entrepreneurial spirit, and everyone is encouraged to work hard and play hard. It really is a fun place to be and I look forward to going to work. Every day is something a little different which keeps my job satisfying, and my coworkers are fantastic.

Cons

There can sometimes be a breakdown in communication between headquarters and the satellite offices, although they are working to improve that. It can be difficult to get things that we need from HQ as well, which seems to be due to out of sight, out of mind.

It might be useful for upper management to visit the satellite locations more often. It would help make all of the satellite employees feel more attended to by HQ, like they are really a part of the company as a whole.

reviews filtered by
  1. With where I started in the company to where I'm at currently, my experience thus far has been nothing short of amazing.

Current Employee - Field Service Manager in Bridgeport, CT
    Current Employee - Field Service Manager in Bridgeport, CT

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling Group

Pros

A relaxed atmosphere, camaraderie between co-workers, professionalism, and the willingness to help eachother out whenever needed would be hands down some of the best reasons to work for this company. These seemingly four simple reasons, creates an excited and satisfying atmosphere in which to work.

Cons

One of the downsides, refering strictly to my position with the company, is that I assist customers that are not completely satified with our installation or have issues that relate to their warranty. My job is fix and resolve any of the issues; as Power stands behind their products and warranty 100%. Mentally, this can be a daunting task, dealing with less than happy homeowners on a consistant basis. While the vast majority of our jobs flow flawlessly beginning to end, dealing with the much smaller fraction of unhappy homeowners can potentally be a downside.

I'ld have to say, the company Christmas vacations every year are great and are always a success. Maybe some type of event over the summer (not as extravagant as a cruise or another country), could take place.

2. I believe working for Power Home Remodeling Group has been the catalyst to improving the life of myself and my family.

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Cranford, NJ
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Cranford, NJ

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling Group

Pros

So far, I've seen the potential for advancement and growth become a reality. When I was hired, I was told every one in the company from the CEO, CSO, and the VP to the sales force and the installers started right in the same seat that I was sitting in. I found that hard to believe. Over the course of the first month of employment, I found this first hand to be the truth. Once I was able to figure out the ins and outs of the job, I was pleasantly surprised to see that I was able to make the money I was told I could make. Everything I was told I could do was a reality. Knocking on doors is not a glamorous job. Its not what you can call "sexy". There is a fair amount of rejection and there are good and bad days. The good days far outweigh the bad and management truly understands that because like I said earlier, they've done the job, too! The atmosphere at the office is that of a brotherhood. From the loudest guy to the weirdest, everyone is part of the team. No one person gets singled out. It's a true environment of help. Anyone who is struggling gets the helping hand they need to bounce back from a bad day. The management will always sit with you an listen to anything you have to say. I've been with the company for over 2 years and never once have I felt ignored. Any suggestions have always been heard. There are so many incentives that are given for a job well done. There are alot of promotions for extra hard work.I have earned more money here than anywhere else and now, I'm going to Europe because of the hard work I've been rewarded for. I'm proud to be here. I'm proud to say this. I'm proud to work for Power Home Remodeling Group.

Cons

The hours are long and the elements are sometimes brutal. Although you have great weather days, there are some that aren't. Management can change certain things to support the staff but are generally very good to us.

I think that even though it's a young company filled with young talent, management can implement more family friendly initiatives and incentives for us "old timers".

There are newer employer reviews for Power Home Remodeling Group