Awesome place to work

Current Employee - Office Manager in Greenbelt, MD
Current Employee - Office Manager in Greenbelt, MD

Pros

Power fosters an amazing corporate culture. There is a lot of young energy and entrepreneurial spirit, and everyone is encouraged to work hard and play hard. It really is a fun place to be and I look forward to going to work. Every day is something a little different which keeps my job satisfying, and my coworkers are fantastic.

Cons

There can sometimes be a breakdown in communication between headquarters and the satellite offices, although they are working to improve that. It can be difficult to get things that we need from HQ as well, which seems to be due to out of sight, out of mind.

Advice to Management

It might be useful for upper management to visit the satellite locations more often. It would help make all of the satellite employees feel more attended to by HQ, like they are really a part of the company as a whole.

Other Employee Reviews for Power Home Remodeling Group

No career advancement at all

Former Employee - Field Marketer in Cranford, NJ
    Former Employee - Field Marketer in Cranford, NJ

Pros

-Management is good to you -They give you benefits after 3 months

Cons

-No career advancement -LONG hours -Knocking on doors all day -You have to get an estimate to make extra money. Not unrealistic, but hard to do. -Pay isn't that good for the amount of hours you work

Advice to Management

You will like the Director of Marketing when you meet him. Although he can bust balls at times, he is a straight shooter when it comes to the job.

2. With where I started in the company to where I'm at currently, my experience thus far has been nothing short of amazing.

Current Employee - Field Service Manager in Bridgeport, CT
    Current Employee - Field Service Manager in Bridgeport, CT

Pros

A relaxed atmosphere, camaraderie between co-workers, professionalism, and the willingness to help eachother out whenever needed would be hands down some of the best reasons to work for this company. These seemingly four simple reasons, creates an excited and satisfying atmosphere in which to work.

Cons

One of the downsides, refering strictly to my position with the company, is that I assist customers that are not completely satified with our installation or have issues that relate to their warranty. My job is fix and resolve any of the issues; as Power stands behind their products and warranty 100%. Mentally, this can be a daunting task, dealing with less than happy homeowners on a consistant basis. While the vast majority of our jobs flow flawlessly beginning to end, dealing with the much smaller fraction of unhappy homeowners can potentally be a downside.

Advice to Management

I'ld have to say, the company Christmas vacations every year are great and are always a success. Maybe some type of event over the summer (not as extravagant as a cruise or another country), could take place.