There are newer employer reviews for Power Home Remodeling Group

Sales

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Power Home Remodeling Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

People. I'm still very good friends with many of the guys I worked with. Compensation if you sell.

Cons

Everything Else! They say the hours are 'flexible." Wong. You are working a night job because that's when most people aren't working. When you start and what time you finish can vary anywhere from 3 in the afternoon to 2 in the morning. You will be informed that appointment issuing policies are completely fair for everyone. False. It depends on what prize they're offering at any given time. If its a good one the manager is going to put an experienced salesmen good appointments so they will get to partake in the prize. I can recall a manager putting himself on two appointments a day to win prizes while salesmen, like myself, would get an appointment once every 2 or 3 days if I was lucky.

Then, when you do get an appointment, get ready to go into someones house and tell them to give you their money right now or they will be missing a "fantastic opportunity." BS! When they say no? Just hang out for a while, lower price, and ask again, and again, and again, and again. High pressure sales to a T.

I wouldn't be so upset with their practices if they just told the truth from the start. The "marketers," go door to door and say that they "are in the neighborhood doing work on <insert random names here> house (LIE) and since were in the neighborhood we could have a consultant come by and give you a free estimate." "They'll only be a few minutes," they say. I wonder what the homeowners think of the marketer who lied to them because its 11:30 at night and this "consultant," won't leave the house because he just keeps offering the same project at a lower price.

All that being said, I still consider a good number at power to be my friends (who also hate their job). If you're going to work there I would just prepare for: not making a single plan with friends and family on any day besides Sunday because you are on call and may have an appointment at any given time, routinely spending hours babbling about windows and doors when people just want you to shut it and leave their house, living from paycheck to paycheck, faking like you are "bought in" and have drank the cult inducing kool aide their constantly serving, and generally not having a life outside of windows.

327 Other Employee Reviews for Power Home Remodeling Group (View Most Recent)

There are newer employer reviews for Power Home Remodeling Group

Worked for Power Home Remodeling Group? Contribute to the Community!