Power-One

www.power-one.com

Good people and solid products, terrible management.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Camarillo, CA

ProsThe people! Diverse, intelligent, opinionated and extremely knowledgeable. If you want to be surrounded by people that actually *know* every single thing about power conversion, there's no other place.

Power One has many worlds inside itself. If you change from one team to another, is like changing from one company to another, everything is totally different. So if you're bored with one aspect of technology, change to a different group and learn about other stuff without leaving company.

The benefits are mostly great (see exceptions at the list of downsides), in special the medical benefits.

It is inspiring to work in products that are used by millions of people.

ConsThe worst problem we have is our senior leadership. What's the point of working extreme long hours to contribute to the company when they come with terrible business decisions?

As for the benefits, the top people earn loads of stocks that vest quickly and everyone else gets nothing.
There's no transparency on how people's performance are reviewed, the only clear thing is that it is a popularity contest where the management friends are rewarded and everyone else hang on tight because of the benefits. Then if you spend some time without promotion, your chances for promotions diminish dramatically because you're labeled "with low career velocity".

The only way to grow professionally is by becoming a manager. So people that should and people that shouldn't be a manager are fighting hand and fist to become one.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey have fired all of the Senior Management so that isn't an issue, but it may be too late to save the company.

Good at investiment, but poor at operation, espicially quality

Engineering Manager (Former Employee) Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)

I worked at Power-One full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Some good engineering with excellent product Cons: Poor quality due to bad operation Advice to Senior Management: n/a No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Sales

Sales Manager (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Power-One full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Get place to work n friendly Cons: No chance to promote other then going away Advice to Senior Management: Please look inside for talent More
There are newer reviews on Power-One.

Worked for Power-One? Contribute to the Community!