Power Pro-Tech Services, Inc.

www.powerprotech.com
There are newer employer reviews for Power Pro-Tech Services, Inc.

GREAT PLACE TO WORK!!!

Current Employee - Invoice Specialist in Ball Ground, GA
Current Employee - Invoice Specialist in Ball Ground, GA

I have been working at Power Pro-Tech Services, Inc. full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I have known PPT since it began in 2002. I have been employed for the company nearly as long and can honestly say it's a great place to work!! PPT cares about its employees, along with their success, and wants to see us all grow along with the company. We have built a great team!! Promotions from within the company happen more often than I have seen compared to anywhere else I have ever worked before. So there is always room for advancement (opportunity) if you are willing to work hard and show dedication. Time off.....if you need time off they are flexible as long as you don’t abuse it and you keep up with your workload. The staff is fabulous!! We all get along well and support each other when needed. All in all, I would not work anywhere else. I love it here. If I left on my own will tomorrow, it would be only to retire from working altogether!

Cons

The only con I can think of at this particular time is completely centric to my position and task. As a member of the invoicing team, I deal with tracking down parts and translating technician handwriting, both of which can be time consuming and cause delays in my process. However, the company is implementing new tooling that will eliminate both of those issues in the future. This is a direct result of the company senior management proving they care about us and how the company functions as a whole. The other con I would have is that we often operate (in Admin) a bit lean on staff causing occasional high workload and stress. However, we recently requested more help in the department and the company delivered. We just hired two wonderful new employees, with a third underway, and we are now developing a stronger admin team than ever.

People generally work better when they are recognized and incentivized. A recognition program of some kind could add moral, as well as help introduce team members if communicated to the Team as a whole. We are all recognized one on one, but I think a more “global” approach that encompasses a broader audience company-wide would be interesting and add some extra flair to the employment experience. An incentive program to the ones that performed outstanding during the period would be additionally interesting. Obviously this will be hard to choose because we have A LOT of folks that perform outstandingly every day. Just a thought.

Oct 16, 2014Founder & CEO

Great feedback and some real thought-provoking advice and ideas regarding employee recognition. I really appreciate the kind words regarding our culture of teamwork and cooperation.

Given how
... More

21 Other Employee Reviews for Power Pro-Tech Services, Inc. (View Most Recent)

Career of a lifetime!

Current Employee - Chief Operating Officer in Ball Ground, GA
    Current Employee - Chief Operating Officer in Ball Ground, GA

I have been working at Power Pro-Tech Services, Inc. full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The most significant “pro” about Power Pro-Tech Services, Inc. is that the business is run with the TEAM and customer in mind. The business doesn’t operate on the idea of serving one person, or one small group of people. Instead, the culture is about serving its Team of professionals and giving them ample opportunity & career path options so that they love their employment experience. In turn, every employee passes great service onto the customers. In a service centric organization that relies on highly respected professionals, it is imperative that the company can attract new talent and avoid erosion of the current. Power Pro-Tech Services, Inc. works hard to understand its people’s needs and desires so as to foster an employment experience that is best in industry. As result, there is very low voluntary turnover and reportedly high employee satisfaction. Unlike anywhere else I have worked prior to Power Pro-Tech Services, Inc., I no longer have just a job. This is a company who offers a career and I am proud to invest my time into its collective successes!

Cons

It is tough to put a finger on a “con”. By definition, a con is a persuasion to do or believe in something by use of deception, or in opposition against a practice. The reality is that Power Pro-Tech Services, Inc. isn’t perfect per se, and there is certainly room for improvement in some areas of the company as it matures into its second decade of existence. However, no one within the organization is trying to sell the company on false pretense, or suggest that we have something that we don’t or couldn’t deliver on. The company operates on a very transparent modus operandi with the expectation that when something isn’t right, management teams work hard to listen and offer resolve. In example, it is no secret that parts and procurement is always tough to perfect in a service centric business model catering to a vast audience of equipment, with countless make/model configurations, etc. It drives field engineers crazy to receive wrong parts and we get it. In response, Power Pro-Tech Services, Inc. has invested heavily into new service management software that will be offering much improvement to the process, leveraging more efficient and accurate procurement processes. It will put much more control into the field engineer’s hands and allow them the ability to drive the purchases they require to complete a task at hand. Another example would be increasing healthcare costs, which are historically tough to compete with compared to the larger OEM’s within our industry. In the recent past, Power Pro-Tech Services, Inc. has combatted the increased cost to employees by increasing the employer portion cost. Additionally, they will continue looking at options that improve care and reduce costs as the years move forward. So to note a con would suggest that I am opposed to a practice the company embraces. Given Power Pro-Tech Services, Inc. has a track record of responding when something isn’t as perfect as it can be is a sign of a well-run establishment by folks of high integrity. There is no con here!

To ensure the company sustains and can continue to grow serving its employees and customers alike, an aggressive recruitment effort must stay in focus. We need folks we can apprentice and groom, as well as skilled and experienced professionals to continue joining the Team. We need a continued commitment to training and investment back into our people through education, career advancement, and wage & benefit advances, etc. As the company is aware, the most valuable resource is its people. Keep putting them first as you have already proven to do and the rest of history will write itself.

Oct 16, 2014Founder & CEO

Great feedback. As you indicate in your advice, the key to our continued success will be out ability to find, attract and retain the very best people available. Once on-board, we have the ... More

This is the type of employer people are seeking, but rarely find.

Current Employee - Anonymous in Ball Ground, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Ball Ground, GA

I have been working at Power Pro-Tech Services, Inc. full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is friendly, intelligent, and works very hard. Management is very fair, thoughtful, and qualified. Employees are integrated into the team/"family" quickly. PPT is a fast-growing company with great opportunities for advancement. PPT is not like most up and coming companies or corporate-type businesses; you have what you need to do your job, and everything is first class all the way.

Cons

You literally get what you give as an employee here. If you are not willing to give your all, you will not be happy here. Your success and tenure depends on you!

Oct 16, 2014Founder & CEO

Great feedback. Thank you. I particularly appreciate that your articulated the fact that one should consider that " you get what you give" at PPT. We have found that the best fit candidates for ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Power Pro-Tech Services, Inc.