Powerhouse Animation

www.powerhouseanimation.com
Unclaimed Profile
There are newer employer reviews for Powerhouse Animation

A positive and rewarding work environment

I have been working at Powerhouse Animation

Pros

My time at Powerhouse has been by far my most rewarding and satisfying job to date. The staff is extremely talented and motivated to work hard, and upper management is encouraging and involved with the day to day artistic production of the rest of the team. I have had nothing but positive experiences working here and feel that there are many opportunities for growth-- both personal and professional-- at this company.

Cons

My only complaint is that there are a few employees whose disinterest, negativity, and refusal to improve occasionally impacts the rest of the office. Otherwise I have overwhelmingly positive things to say about this company and my time working here.

Advice to Management

Thank you for your commitment to this company and its employees. It is truly exciting to work somewhere that is fun, creative, AND successful.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Fun culture, substandard pay

I worked at Powerhouse Animation full-time

Pros

The employees are fun, great people. Very laid back atmosphere, and the projects can be fun to work on.

Cons

You will work very hard and often be asked to work extra hours for abysmal pay. Several talented people working here work paycheck to paycheck or have supplemental income from a spouse or second job. Unprofessional behavior by some employees and higher ups.

Advice to Management

Compensate the talent.

A starting place.

I have been working at Powerhouse Animation

Pros

There are some good reasons to work at Powerhouse. You'll meet, network, and become friends with nice geeky people who are artists, animators, gamers. If you do not have industry experience, you add some on the resume by working here. Art books from various employees are scattered throughout the office.

Cons

The wages are not competitive on either a local or national level. In order to work at Powerhouse Animation and live in Austin, you will have to have multiple jobs, roommates, and another means of financial support. The perk really is what one of the previous reviewers mentioned: a bagel a week. Work is not assigned based on the employee's work experience, and depending on what you have been assigned, you might not get decent portfolio pieces for your next gig - which is a big set back if you want to continue working as any type of artist. The work environment has a negative side because some of the employees and higher-ups do not behave professionally. I've heard and seen things that should not have been at a place of work.

Advice to Management

In order to avoid being shunned further by professionals, leadership would have to compensate the talent, be open to suggestions, not tolerate unprofessional behavior amongst staff, listen to feedback, hire less homogeneous employees, and shell out for real health benefits.