There are newer employer reviews for Practice Fusion

Solving a real problem

I have been working at Practice Fusion full-time

Pros

Passionate team, dogs, location, & food.

Cons

Too many meetings. Nothing else out of the ordinary from a growing company.

50 Other Employee Reviews for Practice Fusion (View Most Recent)

A great product and team but the senior management needs to change

I worked at Practice Fusion full-time for more than a year

Pros

A majority of the employees are amazing people and a joy to be around. The dogs around the office are also a major perk along with many of the standard startup benefits including free food, tons of Practice Fusion t-shirts and awesome health insurance.

Cons

During my time at Practice Fusion I noticed a significant decline in the environment and the management, particularly in the past few months. A few things I noticed:

-The actual positions have changed, becoming far more focused on doing one task rather than being able to take on many different projects within the company. Practice Fusion shouldn't define itself as a start-up anymore, jobs are clearly definitely and it's easy to become pigeon holed into that one role. If that's what you're looking for, this could be a great place for you.
    -Senior management doesn't know what they are doing, they have been hired from within and don't have the experience or expertise to take on VP level roles and up. It's time to start hiring from outside of the organization and hiring people that actually know what they're doing.
    -There is no focus. Every product is pushed out without much thought and then abandoned. I do believe in the mission and the EMR product but the team is overworked and forced to quickly change direction in a very reactive fashion.
    -There is very little integrity left. My last few months at the company I heard a lot of lies from senior management and saw some very childish behavior. It's disappointing to dedicate a significant amount of time to a company that has no respect for employees.
    -Top leadership is allowed to be unprofessional with employees and HR does nothing about it. Many of the employees are fresh out of college and may not have much experience to compare the company to but having a solid career prior to joining Practice Fusion, I've never seen someone behave in that fashion and remain in charge.

A majority of the senior management was hired from within and have not been trained to succeed in those positions. It's time to either hire from outside of the company or figure out how to train the current management to do their jobs better.

The company needs to embrace that they are not a startup anymore and it's time to make the right hires.

Excellent company with a life-changing mission.

Former Employee - Marketing & Communications Team  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing & Communications Team in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Practice Fusion as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I had the chance to contract with Practice Fusion this year. I had an incredible time working at this company. They are doing something life-changing in developing the best, free EMR software product for doctors and PHR for patients. It's not one of the most popular or thought of companies in the Bay Area, people job hunting think Google, Twitter, Facebook, etc., when it comes to jobs, but have a look at PF. They have some great opportunities, a great culture, great people, and a great product. Had it not been for a personal desire to relocate and take on a different opportunity, I'd have pursued the chance to work full time with them.

Cons

Can't think of any. Well, if you're not a fan of dogs, just be ready - it's a dog friendly workplace. Eventually you warm up and think they're adorable.

Keep on rocking it.

There are newer employer reviews for Practice Fusion

Worked for Practice Fusion? Contribute to the Community!