Practice Fusion

www.practicefusion.com
  www.practicefusion.com
There are newer employer reviews for Practice Fusion

Company will likely succeed, but needs to overhaul their leadership

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Practice Fusion full-time

Pros

Being in a very niche health tech industry is very fun, and you get to learn a lot. Company office space just relocated from Tenderloin to an awesome, albeit more quiet space in SOMA. Decent perks with stocked kitchens and a great work atmosphere. Culture is very strong.

Cons

Very challenging to work with leadership, poor attitude stems from the CEO. He is very smart and has tons of great ideas, but does not treat others fairly. Flat out rude and disrespectful to people whether at meetings or in front of the entire company at All Hands events. I've seen people consistently throw each other under the bus at the leadership level and it creates a rather chaotic and uneasy feeling amongst the teams. This last year has been crazy with turnover and a lot of talented folks have been either unfairly let go or have quit. The theme of 'lack of career development' couldn't be any more true at this company.

I do believe the company can ultimately succeed, but please take notice of the constant organizational uneasiness amongst the employees. Take a close look at what the leadership has done to the climate of the company and ask yourself if this is healthy in the long run...

51 Other Employee Reviews for Practice Fusion (View Most Recent)

Great place for Software Engineers

I worked at Practice Fusion full-time

Pros

I saw a lot at PF and met a lot of highly talented technologists. If you have a good idea and let your team know you'll probably see it get built. There is a lot of flexibility in Engineering and if you are talented then you can pretty much move into any role you want. It's a great place for contributors who like to work on small agile teams. I'm no longer there but miss my days there. I did see the occasional under-performer get dismissed. Also if you're interested in the well being of the team you'll do well. I also saw the occasional person get let go if he/she had a chronic bad attitude. I personally enjoyed working with high caliber professionals and learned a lot. I left because my commute became something I could no longer handle.

Cons

Once management puts an employee "on a plan" it can be tough to recover. I did see at least one person get put on a plan and then it worked out well for everybody. But if you get put on a plan you need to demonstrate that you want to be productive and you are looking for the well-being of the team. Attitude goes a long way.

Keep the engineers close to the users.

Practice Fusion is a walking contradiction

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Practice Fusion full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are some really cool people who work here. Working in health tech is fun and very rewarding. The company has an exciting future ahead of it.

Cons

There is no excuse for this company to not be one of the best places to work at in SF. On the outside, the company culture, perks, and opportunities seem perfect. Yet somehow Practice Fusion fails miserably at following through on their own promises.

I do not understand how a company that invests so much (possibly too much) on its 'culture' can miss the mark like that.

Stop over promising and under delivering. You need to begin living by those strong PF values you are so proud of.

There are newer employer reviews for Practice Fusion